Bao Vegetarian - Food Stall

n/a

Linjiang Street, Da’an District, Taipei, Taiwan

Stall in the night market of Linjiang Street. The woman/cook has a wok, a pot with boiling water, and another pot with a hot soup. The customer chooses the ingredients to be stir-fried in the wok. Dish is served by itself or with rice & boiled vegetables or with noodles. A few stools and a table for eating there.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by peas-full

little treasure - Edit

Although there are vegetarian options here and there at the night markets, it is often tricky to find them. This lady is a hidden treasure as she offers so many vegetarian dishes. Unfortunately she does not speak English,but the food is very good and very cheap. I believe the rice with vegetable soup had egg in it but most of the tofu dishes should be vegan.

Cons: no English

Good cheap food in trendy night market! - Edit

Chance upon this stall while walking around tong hua night market. Very grateful that it's around because we were so hungry! Food were good and cheap!
Hope to eat it again next time I'm in Taipei.

Pros: cheap, inside night market, nostalgia

nice to find this veg place in a night market - Edit

I encountered this place while wandering around the night market. I chose a few proteins (a sausage, a sort of spring roll and a few nuggets) that were deep-fried for me. They were crunchy and not greasy as I would have thought.
Some other customers had a whole meal with rice, noodles and vegetables. I was amazed by how she prepared all this food in a few minutes and with so little space.
Very little english spoken, but the guy of the adjacent stall helped us out.
Inexpensive, worth a try! No eggs used, but I am not sure if all the proteins were 100% vegan, though.

Pros: inexpensive, friendly, no eggs used

Cons: maybe not 100% vegan, little english spoken

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bao Vegetarian - Food Stall closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.