CLOSED: Banyan

Contact +49-22199876526

Venloer Strasse 5-7, Cologne, Germany, 50672

Cafe with an adjoining shop selling gifts and jewelry, opened 2013. Has vegan cake as well gluten free cake, plus baguettes and sandwiches, salads, potatoes, dips, miso soup, tea, fair trade coffee, and other beverages. CLOSED 2014 REPLACED BY THE VEGAN GARDEN. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-8:00pm, Fri 7:00am-12:00am, Sat 10:00am-12:00am, Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Bakery, German

First Review by JuppZupp

Cute place - Edit

Nice place, good coffee (though I appreciate a choice of vegan milks, especially as I should avoid soy), so-so vegan cake. I guess that the baker is more experienced in making cake with dairy and eggs. One of our cakes was rather dry ("Sacher Torte") and the other one had a strange texture (one layer much too firm, the other one too liquid), with a little improvement in the recipe it could be much more delicious! It still was a pleasant experience, but I wouldn't recommend to go there for vegan cake.

Pros: Pretty jewelry, Many vegan options

Cons: Not the best vegan cake, Also serves dairy and eggs

Good food and friendly staff - Edit

I've been there for lunch last week. I had a vegetarian burger and a salad and can recommend both. Good bio food at a reasonable price. The whole place seems to be quite new. Nice location and very friendly staff. I definitely will be back.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff

Cons: didn't notice yet

Return to Cologne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Banyan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1682 times since Apr 2013.