Banlle Vegetarian Restaurant

Street 26, Phom Wat Bo, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Fine garden setting vegetarian restaurant, opened in 2015. Uses some vegetables grown on its property. Offers soup, salad, curry, fresh juices. Vegan options are noted by a green leaf. Prices are around US 4+ per dish. Open Mon 9:00am-9:30pm, Wed-Sun 9:00am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Khmer, Cambodian

First Review by MarieFreeSpirit

Beautiful location - Edit

A restaurant open air in a beautiful garden . Very relaxing atmosphere and so nice staff. Good selections of vegan food. Vegetables are grown in their garden . Very good tofu and spring rolls . Good prices

Wow - Edit

Beautifilly arranged garden with lovely staff, fresh ingredients and veggies growing behind your back. Portions are BIG!! Food is delicious, only Amok should have more spices. OK prices. Highly recommended!!

Pros: Garden, Staff, Food

lovely location - Edit

We read some different reviews for this place, and we were more than impressed with the food, price, service and location. The menu is a mix of asian and western. We went a few times and loved the fresh spring rolls and soft tofu and ginger starters. The main courses are all well presented, full of flavour and the portions were certainly big enough, I had just spent 7 hours cycling and needed feeding, the spring rolls and spinach wrap did me proud. The staff are very helpful and funny, plus they grow their own vegetables within the lovely gardens that surround the restaurant. Well worth a walk from Pub Street for some tranquility and good food. Great glass of wine and large cold beer as well.

Pros: excellent menu, quality food, location

Small portions but good food. - Edit

It wasn't incredible, but it was good! I had the tempura eggplant and the spinach wrap. Eggplant was a little plain flavour wise, the spinach wrap was super flavourful and tasty but not much food for $4 compared to what you can get at other places. Overall good experience! Might return to try another item on the menu.

a bit disappointed - Edit

had the eggplant starter which was good. Soba pad thai was good too but nothing like expected. It had the taste of ratatouille, no particular spice nor sweetness of a normal padthai. It was not what I craved for but not too bad

Wholesome goodness - Edit

A lovely venue with a very calm and pretty garden setting. The food was tasty and there were plenty of vegan options here, too. It wasn't the most sensational food I've ever had, but it was wholesome and fresh and did taste really GOOD. The juices were also really yummy (I particularly enjoyed the delicious beetroot concoction that I had). Make sure you bring mosquito repellent if you're eating here in the evening: the mozzies are most certainly not vegan and they will gladly feast upon you if you aren't suitably sprayed!

Pros: Wide menu with vegan options, Lovely setting, Fresh ingredients

Cons: Slightly bland? (I don't mind that, though), Mosquito central

Really good and peaceful - Edit

Loved the setting, very peaceful, lots of nature, love that they use some organic veggies grown right on the restaurant property. Healthy wholesome meals, lots of veggies, pretty tasty, friendly staff, would definitely recommend.

Surrounded by a Garden - Edit

Mostly vegan besides the sandwiches! Portions are a bit small.
Tempura Eggplant is a great appetizer

Pros: Vibe

Cons: Portions

tranquil and delicious!! - Edit

Gorgeous atmosphere, lots of veggie options, and very reasonable prices just enough away from the busy nature of Pub St. Would highly recommend!

Great Veg/Vegan Restaurant!! - Edit

Super veg/vegan restaurant! We stumbled across this walking from our hotel to the market, and glad we did! Excellent food, we ordered all vegan and it was well prepared and very tasty. The portions were not huge but that gave us the chance to sample a couple, and at ~US$4 for a dish, how can you complain?! Service was excellent and both women we interacted with were very, very nice. Outstanding!

Pros: Great food, Great service, Very friendly

Small portions - Edit

My impression of Banlle was that the prices seemed low, but the portions were small. I would have needed two dishes to feel happy about my meal. Our group ordered pad thai, eggplant tempura and three other dishes, and those three dishes were curry-like and nothing special. They were not quite what we expected because of the descriptions of the dishes, they were just curries, a bit watery and not enough salt. I needed to ask for soy sauce.

So please, prepare bigger portions with more taste - more rich sauces, less water, more seasoning, more salt

The garden is nice, the restaurant is beautiful and location was good. If there were no other vegetarian restaurants I would have gone to Banlle all the time, but now I didn´t because there were better options like Chamkar nearby.

Pros: Prices are not high, Lovely garden, Central location

Cons: Small portions, Nothing special, Not enough taste or salt

unexpectedly nice experience - Edit

Just a stone's throw away from our hotel and fortunately away from the busy old night market, this place offers a beautiful setting in a garden and the dishes we tried were good and price wise very ok (given the price level in SIem Reap). Highly recommendable.

Pros: location, price, quality

Cons: menu cards not 100% in sync re "vegan" in one case

Lovely Tranquil Setting - Edit

My boyfriend Kerry and I visited Banlle on a rainy Saturday afternoon, the ambience was perfect, so tranquil as it's set amongst a lush green garden. We sat outside, underneath the wooden shelter and surprisingly were the only people in the restaurant.

The menu was very extensive offering both Khmer and Western food for around $3.50-$5.50 per dish. I opted for the Amok with rice, Kerry had the pulled 'pork' sandwich and we both had a beer.

It took quite a while for the food to arrive, about 25 minutes, and the portions were quite small once it did. I haven't had Amok before so have nothing to compare it too, but it was nice, very yellow and full of veggies. Kerrys sandwich was very hard, I think the bread roll had been overcooked unfortunately but he enjoyed it and said the texture was quite good (it was basically bbq'd mushroom strips)

Overall we had a good experience in Banlle and despite there being more options on the menu that I would like to try, I probably won't return as I feel there are better places to eat in Siem Reap where your money goes further and your belly gets fatter!

www.withoutcrueltyblog.wordpress.com

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-02

Pros: Peaceful Environment , Vegan Options, Friendly Staff

Cons: Small Portions , Long Wait for Simple Food

Dissapointing - Edit

I only had the vegan brownie so I can't tell for the rest, but my impression was that it was insultingly expensive (three tiny tiny little pieces of brownie -no ice-cream or topping- for 3,5$!!!).

Pros: Vegan options clearly marked, Nice terrace and employees

Cons: Extremely expensive, Small portions

Friendly and delicious - Edit

Nested in a nice little courtyard off the busy street, I really liked this restaurant.

It's a bit pricey for the standards of the area, but the food was good, service was good, and the atmosphere was great.

The spring rolls were some of the best I've ever had.

Pros: Mostly vegan, Friendly, The spring rolls!

Cons: Pricey

Cute restaurant! - Edit

Lovely atmosphere in a garden villa, with cute cats! Good food, juices and prices :)
Loved that they marked the vegan items clearly (it gets tiring to keep asking!)
Vegan brownie was a bit hard, but still yummy!

Awesome place - Edit

We ate here 3 times in 2 days. The staff that speaks English is wonderful The food was very good and the atmosphere was the best I ever had. Vegans beware of the won't on soup. They changed it to non vegan and not all the menu's reflect it.

Pros: Price, service, Atmosphere

Cons: nothing

Lovely Restaurant - Edit

A lovely little restaurant in an outdoor setting with some really delicious dishes. Good variety and a lot of healthy and tasty options.

Return to Siem Reap Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Banlle Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.