Banh Xeo Saigon

Contact 03074392987

Greifswalderstrasse 41, Berlin, Germany, 10405

Serves meat, vegan options available. Specializes in vegetarian food with some vegan choices. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 1:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Thai, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by Andrea*

OK - Edit

Restaurant is nice if you want cheap food. Atmosphere nice, waitress nice and open minded for new things (if you have a special wish, they try to do it), but its not very fresh and the vegetables dont taste very good. If you want fresh and delicious food you shouldn't comw but if you just want a normal dinner with many vegan faux meat alternatives its a great place!

Pros: Big Portions, Cheap, Many Vegan Choices

Cons: Very Mock Meaty, Not Much Vegetables, Not So Fresh

14 vegan options - Edit

My new office is in this neighborhood so I tried Banh Xeo Saigon for the first time today. What a wonderful place! 14 vegan options on a vegan menu. Prices range from 4,50 for the vegan crepe to 7 € for the fried mock duck. I am not a huge fan of mock meat and only ordered a single dish today so I can't really speak for the quality of the mock options. That being said, I am still raving about the vegan crepe that you wrap up in a leaf of salad together with herbs and dip into a vegan fish sauce. I had a similar dish like that on my trip to Vietnam last year but couldn't find anything similar back home. I will definitely come back and try the other vegan items like the Pho for 6 €, the Bun Bo Hue for 6,50 or the grilled tofu in lotusleaf for 6,90.

The only drawback: all the salads are made with meat. I'll ask them if they can veganize them. After all, they seem to be really proud of their vegan menu since it's advertised on the big window.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, clearly labelled, reasonably priced

Cons: meat-only salad, very mock-meaty

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Banh Xeo Saigon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1382 times since Jan 2014.