Bangkok Thai

( 1 review )
806-791-7787

4624 34th St, Lubbock, Texas, USA, 79410

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food restaurant. Ask to substitute tofu for meat and say no egg, fish sauce or chicken broth. Staff is willing to accommodate but clarity is advised. Open Mon 11:00am-4:00pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm, Tue 11:00am-9:00pm, Wed 11:00am-4:00pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm, Thu-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat 11:00am-4:00pm, 5:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by deadalready

Served me chicken broth - Edit

I went here to eat and ordered the shrimp soup. Btw, I can't tell you how many times I've been here, this was my favorite restaurant for a long time.

I ordered it with water instead of broth and I told the disinterested young man (not the usual guy, he is awesome) multiple times and even explained I was only eating seafood at that time because I was trying to go back to being vegetarian. (I have been a vegetarian since this experience).

They still made it with chicken broth although I asked them not to multiple times, and I tried it and then had to wait 15 more minutes for my food while my date was already done eating. So I tried it thinking it was safe and made with water, nope. I got a mouthful of chicken broth. Then when I went to tell the young man, it was like he was mad at me even though I was so embarrassed to make a fuss and make the ladies cook me MORE food and so I was being as polite as I could.

I would avoid this place if you are vegetarian/vegan or only eat seafood because clearly it's just too difficult to get what you want. I don't want to feel judged and feel like a burden when I'm paying my hard earned money on a treat for myself. Your food will probably not come out the way that you want. I felt like just another customer and I should shut up and eat the food that I didn't ask for yet I paid for. Interesting because Buddhists are almost always Vegetarian/vegan.

Pros: hot food, quiet, fresh flowers

Cons: rude cashier, served me chicken broth, didn't listen to my request

Return to Lubbock Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bangkok Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.