CLOSED: Bang Bang Lulu

Contact 07-32524427

421 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Queensland,

Opened Nov 2013, this is a small and funky menu-free cafe offering vegan food, raw desserts, smoothies, and baked goods. Cow milk for drinks is the only non-vegan item. Enter from car park on Martin St. APR 2014 LOST THIS SPACE, MAYBE LOOKING TO RE-OPEN ELSEWHERE.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery, Australian

First Review by duchiewoo

Cute cafe, great breakkie :) - Edit

We stopped into Bang Bang Lulu this morning for a quick breakfast on our travel to Melbourne. We are not from Brisbane just had an overnight on our way through and stayed in the Valley to check out a friends new tapas bar last night. He mentioned the place next door (bang bang lulu) was vegan so thought we would check it out.

My boyfriend and I shared a fresh beetroot, carrot and apple juice; a almond milk banana smoothie and a breakfast cup (raw muesli soaked in apple juice with fresh fruit and coconut yoghurt). Everything was delicious!! All vegan (except you can get cows milk in your coffee if you wish) and organic.

Super cute funky decor! Service was lovely - very quick (it was only 7.30am) and lady at the counter was friendly and helpful.

Great experience overall and I would definitely go back!

Pros: Breakfast cup, Smoothies & juices, Decor - super cute!

Cons: None!

consistently disappointing - Edit

I've been to Bang Bang LuLu repeatedly in the hopes they would approve over time, being the newest addition to the Brisbane vegan scene. The first few times I went they didn't have what I specifically came for, which I left without complaint to come back another day. This must have offended the female member of staff because ever since its seemed she has an unfounded, abrupt rudeness towards me.
I thought well I'll try their other options, most recently I was served a luke warm smoothie in a cold glass which caused me to be sick.
I've given these guys ample opportunity to improve my very low opinion and expectations of their food and service and I'm finding new ways to be let down. I'll never go back there.

Funky and Yummy - Edit

Wow, a great new vege restaurant/cafe in Vegas (good enough to get me to sign up to Happy Cow and write a review:). I was walking down Brunswick Street when I noticed "Bang Bang Lulu", a name too funky not to check out. The cafe lived up to is name with a really nice arty space and tasty food.

I had a wholesome and yummy lentil salad and one of the best coffee's I had in ages. The staff were friendly and the food was responsibly priced. I would recommenced it to anyone looking for good coffee and a funky spot to eat in the Valley.Two thumbs up.

Quirky & delicious new place in the valley - Edit

Probably my new favourite find in Brisbane, this place is really cute and funky with amazing coffee and cakes, yummy savoury dishes and all kinds of great smoothies. They've got 3 or 4 little outdoor tables set out on some fake grass and a swirly iron railing complete with gemstones - really arty and fun, and everything they do is organic and totally vegan other than an option of organic dairy milk for coffee if people insist on it. They do all kinds of hot and cold coffee with plant milks, and we tried an almond latte and an icy frappe made with their home made almond milk, both of which were delicious. The chocolate brownie was one of the best I've ever had, and we loved the tofu stack too. Lovely crew, great value healthy food and indulgent treats too - I highly recommend it.

Good to see a new vegan joint - Edit

Went 3 days after opening. Was keen for some lunch. There wasn't many options. There were some salads and nori rolls in the display fridge. Also some desserts. I went for the large salad plate. I was expecting them to make me a fresh salad but they gave me the one that was on display. It was still fresh, but would only take 3 minutes to put together the salad. It was very wholesome with lentils, seaweed, brown rice, tomatoes etc. and and a really nice vinaigrette. The nori roll was delicious, had some marinated tofu, beetroot, brown rice etc. tamari was good as a gluten free option instead of soy sauce. Would definitely go back to support them. Good alternative to the Asian places around.

Yummy baked treats! - Edit

We had a quick snack here, great funky little venue, staff are really friendly. We had a couple of coffees and some cinnamon scrolls. Which were both delicious. They also do organic juices, salads and nori rolls which I'd like to go back and try, we also saw some vegan cupcakes and brownies for sale.

Pros: Yummy vegan treats, Friendly staff, Organic

Cons: Can be hard to find, Limited seating

Return to Brisbane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bang Bang Lulu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1730 times since Nov 2013.