( 1 review )

Ricardo Palma 176, Iquitos, Peru

An all-vegan restaurant serving a good value daily menu using fresh local ingredients. Opened early 2018. Serves lunch and dinner (check with them about breakfast). Manager speaks very good English. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Western, Peruvian

1 Review

First Review by christopherjboyce

An excellent find - I intend to eat here each day while in Iquitos - Edit

I am very happy to have found this place. A friend stumbled upon it and told me about it. An inexpensive (by local standards) fully vegan daily menu (soup, salad, main - more or less) that is prepared using local ingredients. Very simple yet very tasty. Walter, who is from Iquitos but spent time in other countries, owns and runs the place and is a vegan himself and very helpful. He speaks great English and is friendly and talkative. The places is small (a few tables and chairs) and clean (possibly easy to miss but there is a board outside and when the shutters are down it reads the Vegan Voice - oh yeah). It just opened last Wednesday and I think Walter is finding his feet so things may evolve. I highly recommend this place and I personally have every intention to go back on a daily basis while in Iquitos. I'd like to still check out some more of the other eating places (been to a few already) whilst I'm here in Iquitos as a gauge and will review them too but I've been in Peru the last month and this place stands out for its care and simplicity in offering good quality vegan food.

Pros: Use of fresh local ingredients, Inexpensive, Friendly and helpful

Return to Iquitos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bananas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.