Banana Leaf Restaurant

614-459-4101

816 Bethel Rd (at Olentangy Square Shopping Ctr), Columbus, Ohio, USA, 43214

Indian vegetarian restaurant. Offers buffet and a la carte menu. Holds vegan cooking classes. Open Tue-Thu 4:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Catering

First Review by CorissaMarie

Delicious Indian Food for Vegans - Edit

I biked to Banana Leaf after class on an unusually beautiful day and I was totally ready to get my grub on. I knew this restaurant specializes in vegetarian food, so I expected to find a few vegan items on their menu. When I got there and checked out the lunch buffet I was totally surprised to see that every single item was vegan! As I was confirming this with the waitress another customer chimed in, "I know, right? It's amazing!"
The buffet includes the typical all-you-can-eat curry items, as well as mango juice, appetizers, and special street food items. This was a real treat because I adore Indian food and sometimes I think I've tried it all... Banana Leaf introduced me to new, delicious dishes that I've never seen anywhere else.
The waitress was super attentive and sweet, and the owner even checked in to see if I needed anything. I sat by the window and read a book while I took my time trying everything they had to offer that day.
I honestly can't think of any downsides to visiting Banana Leaf. The food was great, the service was friendly, and the menu is reasonably priced. Definitely going to visit here again!

Pros: Full vegan lunch buffet, Fresh food, Unique dishes

Cons: Location is a little far for biking?

Vegan Valentine - Edit

Last night we tried Banana Leaf for the first time for their Vegan Valentine's Day dinner. The service was slow and kind of unorganized, but I really enjoyed my time there.

The owner came around to our table many times to make sure we were doing fine and having a good time. I heard him say many times he wants to make sure everyone there was "stuffed" before they left lol

They were very generous with their portions. Everything was labeled with V for vegan and GF for gluten free. The food had good spice, but wasn't overwhelming. Our waitress brought us 2-go boxes when we were finished and told us to fill up from the buffet before we left! So it ended up being a really good deal lol

One thing I didn't like was that they used plastic bottled water and non-reusable plastic cups.

I will definitely be going back though on a "normal" night for dinner.

Pros: labels vegan, labels gluten free, generous portions

Cons: plastic, slow

Return to Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Banana Leaf Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.