Banana Leaf Restaurant

614-459-4101

816 Bethel Rd (at Olentangy Square Shopping Ctr), Columbus, Ohio, USA, 43214

Indian vegetarian restaurant. Offers buffet and a la carte menu. Holds vegan cooking classes. Open Tue-Thu 4:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sun 11:30am-9:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Catering

First Review by CorissaMarie

great place - Edit

We had a late dinner there at 8 pm. The staff was friendly and the food was very tasty. The menu is huge and all of the vegan options are clearly marked. The only negative was that the food in the buffet was no longer hot, we understand that it was late though

Pros: selection of vegan items and clear labeling, tastiness of food

Amazing ❤️ - Edit

We had an incredibly delicious meal and a great time at the Banana Leaf Restaurant. Highly recommended for vegans and anyone who enjoys Indian food and a friendly, zen atmosphere. We went out of our way to eat at this place and we were not at all disappointed. Kamal is a most delightful and generous host. A big thank you to Kamal and his staff.

Pros: Excellent food, Authentic dishes, Good value

Simply Amazing & Authentic Indian - Edit

Amazing meal, a must try for vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Never disappointed in this place either, they really bring authentic indian food to the table (literally and figuratively).

Will you know what you're eating? No. Will you enjoy it though? Absolutely.

It's a flavor and sensation exploration with the lunch or dinner buffet. If you ask what things are though, you can find some new favorites that you're bound to only find in truly authentic indian restaurants, like pani puri (rice puffs with potato, sweet and hot chutney, and a mint and spice water that you pour in and EXPLODES in your mouth, full of flavor and calm, cool feelings).

A must try for anyone culinarily adventurous. Thanks again to everyone who makes this meal a reality!

Pros: DELICIOUS, Very good about food allergies, Always fresh

Cons: Possible Language Barrier, VERY large menu

Delicious Indian Food for Vegans - Edit

I biked to Banana Leaf after class on an unusually beautiful day and I was totally ready to get my grub on. I knew this restaurant specializes in vegetarian food, so I expected to find a few vegan items on their menu. When I got there and checked out the lunch buffet I was totally surprised to see that every single item was vegan! As I was confirming this with the waitress another customer chimed in, "I know, right? It's amazing!"
The buffet includes the typical all-you-can-eat curry items, as well as mango juice, appetizers, and special street food items. This was a real treat because I adore Indian food and sometimes I think I've tried it all... Banana Leaf introduced me to new, delicious dishes that I've never seen anywhere else.
The waitress was super attentive and sweet, and the owner even checked in to see if I needed anything. I sat by the window and read a book while I took my time trying everything they had to offer that day.
I honestly can't think of any downsides to visiting Banana Leaf. The food was great, the service was friendly, and the menu is reasonably priced. Definitely going to visit here again!

Pros: Full vegan lunch buffet, Fresh food, Unique dishes

Cons: Location is a little far for biking?

Vegan Valentine - Edit

Last night we tried Banana Leaf for the first time for their Vegan Valentine's Day dinner. The service was slow and kind of unorganized, but I really enjoyed my time there.

The owner came around to our table many times to make sure we were doing fine and having a good time. I heard him say many times he wants to make sure everyone there was "stuffed" before they left lol

They were very generous with their portions. Everything was labeled with V for vegan and GF for gluten free. The food had good spice, but wasn't overwhelming. Our waitress brought us 2-go boxes when we were finished and told us to fill up from the buffet before we left! So it ended up being a really good deal lol

One thing I didn't like was that they used plastic bottled water and non-reusable plastic cups.

I will definitely be going back though on a "normal" night for dinner.

Pros: labels vegan, labels gluten free, generous portions

Cons: plastic, slow

Return to Columbus Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Banana Leaf Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.