Ban Ban, by Sproutworks

999 Huaihai Zhong Rd, IAPM Mall, 5F, Shanghai, China

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual eatery from the Sproutworks team doing DIY bowls. Choose your base (quinoa-rice blend, kale salad, or soba noodles), then protein (the only veg one is tofu), and then flavor; each comes with an array of veggies and toppings, zesty sauce combos, and mounds of fresh herbs. There are also sides, soups, and desserts, and a condiment bar. Near metro Shaanxi Nan Lu (lines 1, 10, 12). Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Salad bar, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by Pelouse

delicious hippy bowl - Edit

I come here whenever I can and I’m at Iapm for lunch. I have a small baby and there’s room for her and it’s quiet if I go early around 10-11. The vegan bowl ( there are two but I have the not spicy cashew miso sauce one) is really yummy - pumpkin smoky tofu kale etc. it feels healthy and super fresh. I’m so glad this is here - it’s a quick delicious nutritious lunch stop for me.

Pros: quiet in the morning , healthy, great flavours and lots of extra optional toppings

Cons: a bit expensive but I think worth it

Great quality bowls with many flavours - Edit

Although their build-it-yourself bowls are slightly more expensive than HG, the number of sauces and dressings offered to create your own flavours can turn the same bowl into a complete different experience every week. Great choice if you are wandering around that mall without knowing what to eat.
As an environmentally-focused vegan, I wish they stopped giving plastic straws automatically with their drinks. How is that good quality, if you have to drink from cheap plastic?
I suggested having other kind of glasses (not so narrow) so that the straw is not needed. I don't think they listened.

Pros: high quality, fresh, flavourful

Cons: not cheap, plastic straws

Return to Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ban Ban, by Sproutworks closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.