Bambu Organic

Contact 9511114863

Margarita Maza 414, Oaxaca, Mexico,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Situated near Parque Llano, this place functions as both an organic grocery as well a small sit-down restaurant. Run by a family who creates many varieties of in-house-made seed and nut products including vegan asiento, soy fiambre, barbecued soymeat, and other local Oaxacan foods. Will special order items upon request. Food is vegetarian and sometimes chicken. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by enRoute

Great Service - Edit

I am a long-term vegan who was visiting Oaxaca with my vegan partner. We visited Bambu and the owner was very nice, knowledgeable about veganism and friendly. She has vegan children and made some great recommendations. The vegan burger and rice were very good, it was a pleasant surprise. The owner then took vegan literature from us to place on her counter. We were very pleased with this small store/restaurant and look forward to being able to return on our next visit.

Pros: Price, Location, Vegan friendly

Cons: Small

Good for vegans - Edit

After a disappointing experience at Trigo Verde Naturistas Cafe, I went here. The owner/ chef is very clued in on veganism and will tell you exactly what you can and can't have. I had lunch here which was soya meat and veggies, mole (delicious), tacos, a green salad and a drink. I bought some other items to take away so I'm not sure how much lunch was, but the whole lot was less than I expected. I'd definitely recommend giving this place a try if you're vegan.

Pros: vegan friendly, Good value, Near the ADO bus station

Cons: Closed weekends

Great little family-run spot - Edit

When first walking in, you might think that this is just an organic shop, but they have a few tables and the very friendly owner prepares some delicious specialties for sit-down meals. They make some of the best veggie "asiento" I've ever found – basically a paste of seeds and nuts to be used in place of lard in recipes. They're always roasting almonds or pumpkin seeds and making a variety of local specialties. Go in and give it a try, the owner is always happy to make special orders as well.

Pros: Friendly, Unique items, Inexpensive

Cons: A bit hard to find, Limited menu

Return to Oaxaca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bambu Organic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1348 times since Aug 2013.