Bambu

• Veg-friendly
Contact 541-608-7545

970 N Phoenix Rd (at E Barnett Rd), Medford, Oregon, USA, 97504

Serves meat, vegan options available. Although this Asian cafe and wine bar does serve meat, it does have a separate vegetarian menu available on request, with all of the dishes either vegan or vegan-on-request. The atmosphere is elegant and relaxed, and it is a place to go with staunch meat-eater friends.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by dianen

Kind of bummed - Edit

The environment was AWESOME! (kinda on the high-end) The service was great! They are really good about catering to the vegan/veg customers and I really wanted to love it! Sadly my food was kind of bland. My husbands was decent. Our OMNI family's food was wonderful. The biggest problem was that the tofu was not that well prepared. Almost like an afterthought. I would recommend this restaurant to all of my meat eating friends, but if you don't want to just order something without meat and actually get a good meal with a meat alternative this probably isn't the best place for you.

Pros: Environment, Service, Meat Dishes

Cons: Tofu dishes, Curry Bland, Kind of pricey

Bambu was Interesting - Edit

The food is Asian fusion, leaning more towards Thai. We arrived late, 8:30 PM, after a long day of driving. Even though the restaurant closes at 9, they were full and we had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. We took that as a good sign. But after scanning the menu, there didn't seem to be many vegetarian/vegan choices. However, during the conversation with our server, she informed us that they had a special vegetarian menu and brought that out. So... be sure to ask specifically for the vegetarian menu before you get too involved studying their regular one. I ordered the yellow country curry with tofu (after being informed that the red curry contained fish sauce) and my husband had a veggie fried rice. Coming from Arizona, we're always amused by what Oregonians call "spicy" (not!). Our food was on the bland side by Arizona standards. My curry was downright decadent: sweet, creamy, thick and delicious with a nice variety of veggies. The portion size was about 3x what I could manage. My husband's fried rice dinner serving, however, was minuscule by comparison (about a cup of rice with a few pieces of green pepper), and too sour for my taste. He filled up on some of my curry and there were still leftovers. Odd. We would have preferred brown rice instead of white, but it wasn't on the menu and we forgot to ask. So, overall, I would say it was somewhat over-priced, but interesting, and with a little tweaking, the restaurant could be a real winner.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Nice ambience, Very clean

Cons: A little pricey, Unpredictible portion sizes

Return to Medford Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bambu closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1957 times since May 2010.