Bamboo Vegan Store

• Veg Shop Veg Shop
  • Vegan
Contact +30-2103300018

Zoodochou Pigis 8-10 (at Solonos Street), Athens, Greece, 10678

Small vegan mini market located in the city centre. Offers all vegan products, many of which are organic. Find packaged ready-to-eat goods, faux meat and dairy substitutes, and cooking ingredients. Bakery products include vegan pastries, muffins, cupcakes, pizza slices, and sandwiches. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 10:00am-4:00pm.

First Review by dkinjer

Great place for vegans - Edit

I was happily surprised to find a Vegan shop in Athens. I went to it twice and wanted to buy many things but ended up buying just a few because it was too expensive for me. I mean a chocolate that costs 2 euro in Germany costs over 3 euro in that shop. Everything was a lot more expensive than in any other country I have seen the same brand in but I guess it has to do with export fees and the crisis in Greece.

Pros: Vegan cheeses, variety

Cons: expensive

love this place - Edit

Bamboo Vegan is a great resource for vegans in Athens. They pack a lot of things into a small space! The shop carries a wide variety of vegan cheeses, tofu, tempeh, and mock meats. Also a big assortment of plant milks, sweets, and fresh baked goods (including a delicious vegan bougatsa). Even though many of these items are available at other bio shops in Athens, I still come here not only to support a vegan business, but also because they have better prices than the other shops. The owners are super friendly, helpful, and full of good advice for vegan living in Athens!

Updated from previous review on 2016-02-23

Pros: great selection, friendly staff, good prices

Phenomenal vegan store in Athens - Edit

This place is terrific. The owners are extremely kind and welcoming and the variety of vegan products is astonishing. I would definitely recommend trying vegan savoury pastries and sandwiches. I would call them and tell them to save some as they tend to sell out fast. Definitely go to this place, you will not regret it!

Pros: variety, staff, bakery

Best Vegan Store in Athens - Edit

If you want to supply yourself with vegan groceries, then there is no other place for you than Green Store! While it is not the only health food store in Athens, it certainly is the best. Oh, and it is COMPLETELY VEGAN!!!

It is a small shop that packs a lot of goodies into the little space.

The staff are friendly and will gladly answer any questions.

As with most vegan groceries, you will likely leave a good chunk of change each visit, though it is definitely worth it if you are one who likes to prepare vegan food at home.

Highly recommended.

Pros: Completely vegan, Great staff, Great selection of goods

Cons: Classic vegan pricing

The cutest vegan mini market in Athens - Edit

What can we say about Bamboo Vegan? Staff is very friendly and polite, they are vegans as well and choose carefully every product they sell. Every single thing in the shop is vegan!
An oasis for vegans in Athens, as we can find cruelty free cleaning supplies, packaged "junk" or healthy food and also some fresh homemade pies and sandwiches for takeaway.

Pros: extremely friendly stuff, very nice vibe

Cons: small - wish it was bigger!

Impressive Selection of Vegan Goods - Edit

Such a tiny shop but not to miss. I wish I came earlier before their pastries were all gone, but I did manage to get one of their delish pies! One vegan place not to miss!!

Pros: Lots of vegan cheeses. Would move to Athens for th

Cons: Tiny shop, annoying when full.

The fresh vegan traditional Greek pastries are worth going out of your way for - Edit

Lovely little shop, with plenty to eat and cook with for a hungry exploratory vegan or foodie. The fresh sweet and savoury pastries are just what you miss out on in Greece as a vegan, but at Bamboo you can make up for that. Come early to avoid disappointment.

Pros: Vegan pastries, My favourite yogurt (Sojade) , Vegan cheese

best vegan store!!! - Edit

im very happy to have a vegan store in athens...you can find everything you need to make the perfect vegan dish,, or just if you are nearby and you want a snack its the place to go!!!!!

lots of granola bars - Edit

I came here for breakfast and to stock up for some snacks on a day trip from Athens that I was taking. The only disappointment I had was that there were not a ton of baked goods (sweet ones). Just a cake, which was ok. There were plenty of hot foods to go pouches, and I got a potato thing. Fortunately they have a ton of great snack food, more granola bars than I've ever seen in one place! The guy was very nice, perfect English, great environment, but not the bakery/food shop I thought it would be. It's really just a store with a few hot food options which you must take to go. I give it five stars anyways because it's my fault for beig confused.

One of the best vegan shops I've been to - Edit

I stumbled into this place by coincidence and left with two bags full of groceries. They offer a really really good variety of vegan products and even prepared pastry and sandwiches, all at a very fair price.

An El Dorado for Vegans - Edit

Boy, do I wish this store was located in my hometown. The owners are polite and welcoming with a clear passion for their quaint little shop. They stock all the products you could desire; non dairy milk, nut butters, organic/vegan cosmetics, herbal teas, tofu and meat alternatives, vegan cheese, grains and pulses, sweet snacks... the list goes on. I struggled to leave the place finding myself in an state of exhilaration towards the products I desired (there are a lot of international brands). Thankfully I was on a budget, otherwise I might've bought one of everything.

A total must for any Vegan passing through Athens, especially to try the freshly baked pies and pastries they have in the shop window. I couldn't resist buying a potato and tomato pie on my exit from the shop which was a lovely treat.

See you next time Bamboo Vegan !

Pros: Huge variety of stock, Warm and considerate owners, It's a bloody Vegan store!!

Simply The Best! - Edit

What a amazingly friendly owner! How great to have this tiny little vegan heaven in the middle of the big beautiful city Athens. Any vegan who ever visits this city should check out his store! All options are there! Cake, ice cream, meats, cheese and many many more and all vegan of course!
It felt like home when I found this place! Much love and all kind regards from the Netherlands!

Great store, friendly owner. - Edit

I was so happy to find this place. A vegan market shopfront with food to eat onsite and also many vegan varieties ranging from snacks to homeware products. The owner was such a friendly guy, we chatted for a long time about life in Athens. It was a joy to watch so many of his customers come in and have such a good relationship with him, he seems pretty adored by all! I had the vegan spanakopita which was delicious.

Pros: wide variety, friendly staff, good prices

Great great great - Edit

It is my favourite place in Athens. You can definitely find all you need (even small cooked vegan snacks). Really good prices. Plus...the owners are two adorable people with lots of knowledge and experience ready to help :-)

Excellent - Edit

The best place to shop for vegan and health foods, snacks, and sweets. They always have a variety of vegan cheeses, tempeh, and mock meats. They carry most of the famous Greek violife brand and some foreign brands as well. I was so excited to find Fry's products too (try the "chicken" strips)! In addition to that, they carry tea, packaged breads, flours, nuts, seeds, legumes, pasta, condiments, non-dairy milks, cereals, supplements, international foods, and more. They also have a small selection of bath products. I found an excellent vegan toothpaste there. Do not shop here without grabbing a freshly baked sweet or savory pie. The vegan bougatsa, a phyllo pastry filled with vegan cream, is not to be missed. Bonus, the shop keepers, Fotis and Elisavet, are two of the kindest people on the planet. An all around awesome shop and shopping experience.

Pros: Friendly, Everything you need, Bougasta(freshly baked vegan cream pie!)

Vegan Paradise - Edit

bamboo vegan is a small shop but it has a huge variety of vegan products and most of them are organic!It also has homemade cakes(soooo good) and pies. The owners are very friendly and attentive and they always make me feel nice everytime i see them. Bravo guys, keep up the good work!!!

Pros: Everything

Cons: nothing

great little vegan store with great pies - Edit

what can I say, bamboo is simply great. they have very tasteful pies (especially the sweet ones) and a huge assortment of vegan food. try the vegan cheese! and the owners are very nice and helpful!

Pros: only pros

Amazing Amazing Amazing - Edit

This place is awesome. The staff is extremely friendly and makes you feel welcome - almost like a good friend they haven't seen in a while.

The selection is great - all kinds of foods from mock meats to frozen dinners, fresh-baked items to candy, pastas and dried goods.

I was really happy to find this place and to support a local vegan business. Definitely recommend going here.

Pros: All vegan, Really friendly

Great little place - Edit

We stopped by Bamboo before heading up to the Acropolis for the afternoon, and grabbed some pies for lunch (note: they are take-away only). They were really tasty and we appreciated the staff explaining which pies were which in English.

We came back in the evening to pick up some supplies for dinner (and couldn't resist snacking on another pie each). For a small shop, they really have a great range of vegan treats - faux meats, vegan cheese, croissants, biscuits, drinks and more.

Pros: Awesome pies, Friendly staff, Good range

Our favorite source of Vegan ingredients in Greece - Edit

We cannot say enough good things about Bamboo Vegan! They are friendly, extremely helpful, know their products inside and out and they go out of their way to provide excellent customer service! We live in Patra so we are not able to visit Bamboo Vegan as much as we would like, but they do allow us to order from them by phone! This is extremely convenient for us because we have no other way of currently acquiring vegan cheese or nutritional yeast for our recipes!

They are a small shop, so do not expect a bakery full of variety, but they do have fresh food available on a daily basis.

Pros: 100% vegan, Has some gluten-free ingredients, Best customer service in Greece

Great Selection of Vegan Products! - Edit

I love Bamboo Vegan. It's my favorite "deli" in town. They pack so many nice vegan things into that little space! They have big selection of vegan cheeses (cream cheese, spreads, cheese that melts, sliced, mozzarella etc), soy yogurts, seitan, vegan burgers and sausages, big variety of chocolates and desserts, nutritional yeast and many many more vegan staples!

Their baked goods are also amazing! Must try the bougatsa, potato pie, spinach pie. They now serve pizza too!

It's worth your time to stop by and check out the great selection and the super friendly folks.

Pros: great vegan products selection, vegan cheese in Athens!!!!, great prices

Not much of a bakery - Edit

We came to this store primarily to buy some vegan bread and baked goods. Their website states: "Our Vegan Bakery part of the shop is another treat we are happy to bring you, providing your everyday selection of fresh quality breads and vegan pies. You can just come by to pick up freshly baked bread for home ..."
We found only some packaged breads and nothing particularly exciting in breads. There was a larger choice of such breads in a different health food store that was more convenient (the one next door to the Avocado restaurant). The owner was VERY friendly, and did give us, as a gift, some home-made bread (a portion of a loaf), but there were no such breads available for purchase. We did buy some of the spanakopitas and potato pie, and a sweet pie made with similar type dough (none of which was whole wheat, which I would have preferred) - all very tasty, but I was expecting a "bakery" to have cakes, muffins, etc. We bought a bunch of stuff - we needed some provisions for our stay in Athens - but were quite disappointed. As I said, the owner was very friendly, but bottom line is we came to buy stuff that we wanted, and this was a disappointment.

Pros: friendly, tasty pittas (phyllo dough pies)

Cons: not so conveniently located, poor selection of baked goods , not as advertised

Bamboo Vegan 06 Feb 2013 - Plase consider we are a 6-months old shop, and we are just trying to do our best with the bakery part of the shop. We will very soon have a bigger variety of fresh stuff!

For the moment we are more focused on having exclusive and necessary products for vegans and vegetarians (packaged vegan cookies, sweets, croissants etc, vegan meat & dairy substitutes).

Oh and we do have freshly baked bread on order :)

Return to Athens Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bamboo Vegan Store closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.