Bamboo Vegan Store

• Vegan-store Veg Shop
  • Vegan
+30-2103300018

Zoodochou Pigis 8-10 (at Solonos Street), Athens, Greece, 10678

Small vegan mini market located in the city centre. Offers all vegan products, many of which are organic. Find packaged ready-to-eat goods, faux meat and dairy substitutes, and cooking ingredients. Bakery products include vegan pastries, muffins, cupcakes, pizza slices, and sandwiches. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-8:00pm, Sat 10:00am-4:00pm.

First Review by dkinjer

Best selection in Athens - Edit

This shop has a huge selection of vegan goods which are very hard to come by in Athens. Faux meats, cheeses, dairy substitutes etc. They have multiple fridges and also one large freezer.

Unfortunately, they were sold out on their bakery goods when we visited, which was what we were after. If I would live in Athens, I would come here often!

Pros: Huge selection of specifically vegan items

Cool little shop - Edit

We grab some snacks and the best chocolate v.milk made from quinoa. The shop has tonnes of vegan stuff, some sandwiches and pastries but no fresh veg/fruits.

Great place for vegans - Edit

I was happily surprised to find a Vegan shop in Athens. I went to it twice and wanted to buy many things but ended up buying just a few because it was too expensive for me. I mean a chocolate that costs 2 euro in Germany costs over 3 euro in that shop. Everything was a lot more expensive than in any other country I have seen the same brand in but I guess it has to do with export fees and the crisis in Greece.

Pros: Vegan cheeses, variety

Cons: expensive

THIS IS JUST EPIC! - Edit

The most amazing stuff at the most amazing vegan market in Athens!

Pros: Friendly stuff, Central, big selection

love this place - Edit

Bamboo Vegan is a great resource for vegans in Athens. They pack a lot of things into a small space! The shop carries a wide variety of vegan cheeses, tofu, tempeh, and mock meats. Also a big assortment of plant milks, sweets, and fresh baked goods (including a delicious vegan bougatsa). Even though many of these items are available at other bio shops in Athens, I still come here not only to support a vegan business, but also because they have better prices than the other shops. The owners are super friendly, helpful, and full of good advice for vegan living in Athens!

Updated from previous review on 2016-02-23

Pros: great selection, friendly staff, good prices

Phenomenal vegan store in Athens - Edit

This place is terrific. The owners are extremely kind and welcoming and the variety of vegan products is astonishing. I would definitely recommend trying vegan savoury pastries and sandwiches. I would call them and tell them to save some as they tend to sell out fast. Definitely go to this place, you will not regret it!

Pros: variety, staff, bakery

Best Vegan Store in Athens - Edit

If you want to supply yourself with vegan groceries, then there is no other place for you than Green Store! While it is not the only health food store in Athens, it certainly is the best. Oh, and it is COMPLETELY VEGAN!!!

It is a small shop that packs a lot of goodies into the little space.

The staff are friendly and will gladly answer any questions.

As with most vegan groceries, you will likely leave a good chunk of change each visit, though it is definitely worth it if you are one who likes to prepare vegan food at home.

Highly recommended.

Pros: Completely vegan, Great staff, Great selection of goods

Cons: Classic vegan pricing

Nice selection of vegan products. - Edit

Nice selection of vegan food products and reasonable prices. Highly recommended for all vegans and vegetarians.

Pros: Variety of products

Cons: None that I can think of!

The cutest vegan mini market in Athens - Edit

What can we say about Bamboo Vegan? Staff is very friendly and polite, they are vegans as well and choose carefully every product they sell. Every single thing in the shop is vegan!
An oasis for vegans in Athens, as we can find cruelty free cleaning supplies, packaged "junk" or healthy food and also some fresh homemade pies and sandwiches for takeaway.

Pros: extremely friendly stuff, very nice vibe

Cons: small - wish it was bigger!

Impressive Selection of Vegan Goods - Edit

Such a tiny shop but not to miss. I wish I came earlier before their pastries were all gone, but I did manage to get one of their delish pies! One vegan place not to miss!!

Pros: Lots of vegan cheeses. Would move to Athens for th

Cons: Tiny shop, annoying when full.

The fresh vegan traditional Greek pastries are worth going out of your way for - Edit

Lovely little shop, with plenty to eat and cook with for a hungry exploratory vegan or foodie. The fresh sweet and savoury pastries are just what you miss out on in Greece as a vegan, but at Bamboo you can make up for that. Come early to avoid disappointment.

Pros: Vegan pastries, My favourite yogurt (Sojade) , Vegan cheese

The Vegan shop of Athens. - Edit

Small place with incredible variety of vegan goods. You will find everything. Also there is a delivery option which I use and works perfect.

Really great - Edit

Great range, decent prices and the pies and tarts are amazing! Really lovely guy too.

best vegan store!!! - Edit

im very happy to have a vegan store in athens...you can find everything you need to make the perfect vegan dish,, or just if you are nearby and you want a snack its the place to go!!!!!

lots of granola bars - Edit

I came here for breakfast and to stock up for some snacks on a day trip from Athens that I was taking. The only disappointment I had was that there were not a ton of baked goods (sweet ones). Just a cake, which was ok. There were plenty of hot foods to go pouches, and I got a potato thing. Fortunately they have a ton of great snack food, more granola bars than I've ever seen in one place! The guy was very nice, perfect English, great environment, but not the bakery/food shop I thought it would be. It's really just a store with a few hot food options which you must take to go. I give it five stars anyways because it's my fault for beig confused.

Sweetest Vegan Place in Athens - Edit

love the people that work and run it...they are vegan and they know what vegans want and need...super friendly and genuinely nice...huge selection...even vegan cheesepies and vegan hotdog pies!

My favourite store - Edit

I adore bamboo vegan

One of the best vegan shops I've been to - Edit

I stumbled into this place by coincidence and left with two bags full of groceries. They offer a really really good variety of vegan products and even prepared pastry and sandwiches, all at a very fair price.

Return to Athens Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bamboo Vegan Store closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.