Bamboo Fire Cafe

Contact 561-749-0973

149 NE 4th Ave, Delray Beach, Florida, USA, 33483

Serves meat, vegan options available. Caribbean food restaurant operating since 2010. Offers 4 vegetarian dinner entrees with vegetables and tofu. Starters such as garbanzo fritos (cumin-seasoned beans) and sides like sweet plantains, rice & peas, braised cabbage, and okra fried rice are also veg suitable.

Category: Beer/Wine, Take-out, Caribbean, Southern American, Non-veg

First Review by kmilitello

Nice little cafe with some great vegan options! - Edit

My husband and I went here April 1, 2016 to celebrate our anniversary, since it was listed on Happy Cow. A little hard to find. First, we ended up at the crowded bar/brewery next door, since that's where "Suri" took us. But, once we realized that Bamboo Café was side by side, we found a quiet table inside (though they have plenty of outside seating too). It's a small, family-run place. I follow a no-oil vegan diet, so I was concerned there wouldn't be much, but the server asked back in the kitchen and told me that they could make the vegetable curry without oil. I really appreciated their accommodating my special request. The waitress was wonderful! All their vegetarian options (they have about 4) are vegan. Every dish on their menu is served with salad, rice and plantains. My husband got some cracked conch, which he said was really good, so this is a great place to bring your non-vegetarian friends or family too. My meal was delicious! They must've steamed the tofu and veggies. The curry sauce was absolutely wonderful! A gentlemen, who I assume is the owner, also came to our table, just checking on us. This is a well-run mom-and-pop café with excellent food and service. We really enjoyed it.

Pros: Great Food, Affordable, Accomodating of special requests

Nice Delray hideaway - Edit

Cute, small space just off of busy Linton Blvd. The restaurant down a quieter, more residential side street. Some nights they have live music outside. It's a family owned and run business. I've been several times and there have always been vegan options available, but they may run out of one option or another- so you could be a little limited in choices. Loved the authentic jerk seasoning, which is available on vegetables or tofu. Great rice and chickpea options too.

Return to Delray Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bamboo Fire Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1603 times since Jul 2013.