Bamboo Bar

• Vegetarian

Vegetarian restaurant and bar just off the beach though may be slight difficult to locate - look for its big signage. Offers a large menu with Russian and Khmer focus. Full cocktail bar, cold beer, and many kinds of tea. Has ping-pong tables, Xbox, table games, Wi-Fi. Open 24 hours/day.

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Russian, Cambodian

First Review by lotustummy

Very convenient place - Edit

Located just steps away from the beach this place offers wide variety of vegetarian meals, many of which are vegan. It's ran by Russians and they are very friendly and helpful. I had fried rice with veggies, pineapple and peanuts and some chili papaya sauce. Both of those were very tasty. Since they apparently don't do 2 hours breaks in the middle of the day, you can grab something to eat anytime you want. Definitely worth a visit.

Pros: Staff, Many vegan options, Opening hours

Mixed Feelings - Edit

This is a nice restaurant right by the beach, the Russian lady is very friendly, but her English is not the best.

When I first went to this restaurant I had the scrambled tofu and it was very good !
the next day I went and got the pancakes, I asked what the ingredients was for the pancakes but the Russian lady just couldn't understand my question, I ordered pancakes with banana but I got pancakes with chocolate sauce, no banana..
I wasn't impressed with the pancakes.

so mixed feelings really, I guess all I can say is if you go you should give the scrambled tofu a try.

Pros: friendly staff, by the beach

Cons: owner doesn't understand English well, food can be average

a real gem in one of the loveliest places on earth - Edit

I absolutely loved my stay in Sihanoukville (stayed on otres 1, which is much nicer than the main beach) and was happy to find this cosy little restaurant as food was absolutely delicious here! there's so much to choose from, too!
The girl was insanely helpful & attentive. Food was fresh and really really tasty! portion was huge, which is why I took half of it with me (which was no problem at all).
highly recommended!!

Pros: taste & variety, price, service, staff & atmosphere

Cons: can't think of any

Full cocktail bar Bamboo Bar open 24 hours 7 days - Edit

Bamboo Bar the first vegetarian restaurant in Sihanouk Cambodia. provide only fresh healthy food. not using MSG or fish sauce. use only purified water and ice. located on the Sihanoukville Ochheteaul beach just 50 m. from the sea in the center of nightlife in Sihanoukville. We are open 24 hours 7 days per week.
nice place with a large selection of vegetarian dishes. Welcome.

Pros: fresh food, nice music, Friendly staf

Cons: ping-pong, table games, WI-FI

VEGAN HAVEN AMONGST SIN CITY - Edit

We visited this restaurant one night as it was the only vegan/veg restaurant in the neighbourhood and we weren't disappointed. The place is run by a friendly Russian couple. The woman is lovely and attentive. The food is great, with lots of variety to choose from and fresh tasty salads (they also have great cocktails). We came back a second time :) Highly recommend. Thank you!!

nice little tucked away restaurant, VEGAN FRIENDLY - Edit

This was very good place to eat! Lovely Russian women cooked to our liking! I would recommend this to vegans and vegetarians! Loved it!

Pros: Vegan, Cooked to our liking, Nice variety on menu

Cons: The bars next store are not nice

Good Simple Food, Bar Atmosphere. - Edit

Extensive international menu with Russian and Khmer focus. All veggie, no egg, almost all can be made vegan.

Feels more like a bar. Cocktails, cheap beer, comfort food, nice dog.

Restaurant is just off beach, has a big sign. Can be found on Google maps.

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Relaxed

Cons: Rustic , Hard To Find

Excellent vegetarian food - Edit

This restaurant/bar has a large range of vegetarian options. The food I had was excellent.

Another reviewer complained that the music was loud (they apparently rev up the music to attract people off the street). When I was there, I asked them to turn down the music volume, and they did so immediately, to our satisfaction.

They also have a large range of cocktail choices, if you are interested.

Overall, I had a good experience, and I believe that this is the best vegetarian restaurant in Sihanoukville (as of Dec 2013). The next time I am in town, I will return here.

Pros: Good range of vegetarain food

Atypical vegetarian comfort food - Edit

On the little road down to the beach, this restaurant offers some Russian comfort foods (potato dumpling, booked potatoes band butter, mashed potato and mushroom, blini, beet and cabbage soup) as well as standard veg traveller food - fried rice and noodle dishes, juices, salads. An little odd - but Russian owned it appears. Food was ok - nothing spectacular though BUT we didn't try the vereneki or sauerkraut. We likely won't go back, though. The music was too loud and the service lacked

Pros: Good location next to the beach, Good time to try Russian veg food?, Reasonable price

Cons: Loud - very loud - reggae and dnb music in pm, Run by disinterested Russian youths?, Stan

Return to Sihanoukville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bamboo Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1949 times since May 2013.