Balti Indian

703-430-7253

46005 Regal Plaza Unit 140, Sterling, Virginia, USA, 20165

Serves meat, vegan options available. Reported that owners cooks the veg food on separate surfaces and pans. Try the roasted eggplant.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by binjones

Yummy Food - Edit

Stopped in from other positives reviews. The food and hospitality did not disappoint. The vegan options were plentiful. The Daal Thadka & Aloo Gobi (vegan) were delicious.

Pros: customer service , fast food, delicious spices

Cons: don't let the exterior and water stains shake you

Outstanding Customer Service - Edit

One of my co-workers (non-veg) and I go to this place every few weeks for lunch. The food is good, but what's even better is the level of customer service and accommodation for vegans. It's usually the same man in the dining room when you walk in. If he's not up front, he's in the back preparing food. I wish I knew his name so I could give him a shoutout. It blows my mind how good and nice he is.

The first time we went there, I asked the man if he could show me which of the vegetarian dishes on the lunch buffet contained no egg or dairy, and he showed me no problem (other staff could show you too, or go get him so he could show you). He offered to make me separate naan without butter or ghee before I even had a chance to ask him if he could. I asked if I could get garlic naan, instead of regular naan, and he told me it wasn't usually included in the buffet but that he would make it. I was fully expecting and willing to pay extra for the garlic naan, but he didn't charge me for it.

When we went back, he clearly remembered us from the first time because, as he greeted us, he asked if I wanted him to show me which dishes I could eat. After he showed me, he told me he'd bring some separate garlic naan out for me...again without me even having to ask for it. Every time he sees me, he knows exactly who I am and that I can't have animal products.

There are usually at least two vegan dishes on the buffet. One time we went, however, there was only one. The man made me a small dish to go along with the buffet food and special garlic naan, and didn't charge me extra for it since I wasn't taking full advantage of the buffet.

Another time we went, he noticed I picked off the cilantro from the garlic naan. He asked me if I liked cilantro. I told him no but that it wasn't a big deal and I didn't want to say anything because he was making it special for me. The last time we went, he was in the back cooking. He poked his head out from the kitchen when he heard people come in, waved, and shortly thereafter sent garlic naan without cilantro out to my table.

I definitely recommend this place...you'll be in good hands.

Good Indian food in Sterling - Edit

I used to go to a place out towards Ashburn but after they closed down, I was looking for another one. Every dish I've had from Balti has been excellent.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Good food, Fair price

Great Indian in Sterling - Edit

Very good roasted eggplant. The chaat is great, they make it Vegan by not adding yogurt sauce. Ask for it medium if you can handle the heat. I prefer Indian hot. Their garlic naan is outstanding. Just make sure you say no ghee, butter or oil on NAAN
Their pakora is decent.

The owners are Nepali. They keep the oil to a minimum.

Pros: Vegan friendly , Great flavors, Extremely affordable.

Cons: Odd location.

Return to Sterling Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Balti Indian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.