Balsam Bagels

585-482-5080

288 Winton Rd N, Rochester, New York, USA, 14610

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fast service bagel shop with a number of veg items labeled, including sandwiches, salads, soups, quiche, biscotti, and pastries; quiche & pastries are not vegan. Has non-dairy margarine and coffee creamer, soy cream cheese, vegan cheese, vegetarian sausage on the menu. Small eat-in area. Open Mon-Fri 6:00am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 7:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by RaMills

Move over Breuggers! - Edit

When i found out about this place- my intake of bagels went thru the ROOF.
Lots of vegan cream cheese options, the staff is incredibly knowledgeable and will let you know if certain bagels aren't vegan. There are also vegan bagel sandwich options and vegan dessert/salads/muffins, etc. They also have nondairy milk you can ask for for coffee (at no extra cost!)

Pros: Lots of vegan options, friendly staff (some are vegan too!), no extra cost for non-dairy milk!

delicious! - Edit

Balsam bagels is amazing. Bagels are delicious and they consistently have numerous types of vegan cream cheese! My absolute favorite is the pumpkin flavor.

They've also had at least one vegan soup all the times I've visited and assorted vegan pastries.

Staff is very friendly and accommodating even if it's busy.

Pros: pumpkin cream cheese, delicious bagels

Can't beat these bagels! - Edit

Multiple vegan cream cheeses (and TONS of vegetarian varieties.)

The bagels are equally enjoyed just plain as well. Yum.

Favorite combo has to be the Salt Bagel with Chipotle Cream cheese.

They also offer a variety of vegan/vegetarian lunch options. Favorite has to be the vegan samosa phyllo.

Would give it 5 stars if I could!

Pros: Many vegan options, Friendly quick cheap clean, Lunch options (pick up bagel + lunch for later!)

Awesome selection! - Edit

They have probably five different types of tofutti cream cheese, plus a few they make in house. Plenty of vegan baked goods (I grabbed a loaf of double chocolate banana bread), soups, and specials (their vegan samosa was fantastic), as well as some Gardein products. Wonderful bagel, pastry, and coffee spot.

Pros: big selection, good food, good coffee

Balsam Bagels Best! - Edit

Balsam Bagels has vegan bagels and vegan cream cheese! Vegan cream cheese in a variety of flavors also available for purchase in tubs!

Great! - Edit

I love Balsam Bagels! The bagels are delicious and have an excellent texture. To sweeten the deal, Balsam sells 5+ flavors of Vegan Cream Cheese! They blend some of their own flavors with different flavors of Tofutti. Although the stock often runs low on Balsam's custom flavors, they tend to always have the French Onion in stock. If nothing else, go here and buy a bag of day old bagels and Vegan cream cheese for a treat!

Pros: Vegan Cream Cheese, Great Bagels, Friendly Staff

Fantastic! - Edit

I'm so glad I found this place! I would come here for the quality of their bagels alone, but they also have great vegan puff pastries filled with veggies and spices, and great soups. The staff is friendly and helpful. Wish I lived closer!

Pros: many vegan option, fantastic bagels, friendly staff

AMAZING! - Edit

My husband and I decided to go to Rochester on our honeymoon, since I am vegan and he isn't, finding breakfast is a bit of a challenge. We went to Balsam Bagels our first day and were blown away, with the exception of 2 types of bagels all were vegan. They also had a variety of tofutti non-dairy cream cheese and soy creamer for coffee. My husband was impressed with their vegetarian and non vegetarian sanwhiches. They also had different vegan soups as well. We went everyday for 4 days straight to this bagel place. Everyone that works there is extremely nice and you can even see them bake the bagels fresh. I would recommend this place to anyone either living or visiting Rochester!

Return to Rochester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Balsam Bagels closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.