CLOSED: Bali Cafe Putri

Contact 03-5786-7795

Hillside B1F, Roppongi Hills, Tokyo, Japan,

Serves meat, vegan options available. This Indonesian restaurant is located in the Roppongi Hills complex and has a view of the Tokyo Tower. Has a separate vegetarian menu (of which most are vegan - please inquire). The menus are in Japanese and English. Most staff can speak a little English. In Japan, there is no distinction between vegetarians and vegans; they are called bejitarians. They use coconut milk, tempeh, tofu and vegetables in their dishes. JUN 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Indonesian, Non-veg

First Review by MissGemma

Good food and friendly staff - Edit

Visited in September 2012. I got a curry dish of tempeh/veggies/rice and it was delicious. I was impressed at the large portion size too! The staff spoke a little English and were very friendly in answering my questions about the veggie options.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Large portions

Cons: Not all vegetarian

Vegetarian Indonesian food - Edit

I've been to this cafe a few times since discovering they have a separate vegetarian lunch menu. Just flip over the meat menu - it's bilingual in Japanese and English.

There are 6 vegetarian options based on tempeh, tofu, vegetables and coconut milk. The waitress assured me the vegetarian items don't contain any fish sauce, animal stock or shrimp paste.
In Japan, vegetarian and vegan are often considered the same, so the dishes are probably actually all vegan. Please check with the staff, most of whom speak a little English.

I have tried all the 6 vegetarian options. Only option VD was not good, but I enjoyed all the other 5. My favourite was the beancurd curry.
All vegetarian meals come with a vegetarian soup (probably vegan). After your meal, you get a small dessert of what looks like fruit and nata de coco in coconut milk (also probably vegan) and your choice of tea or coffee.
All this for a reasonable 1050 yen!

In the evening, there is a standard menu. At the back of the menu, there is a separate section of tempeh and tofu dishes. I suspect most of these dishes are vegan - please check.

If it were not for this place, I would have never been able to try Indonesian food. It was also the first time I tried tempeh, which is really delicious.

Happy eating! :)

Pros: Very reasonable prices, Tasty, A welcome change from the usual veg food

Cons: Slow service sometimes, Can be hard to find

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bali Cafe Putri closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 228 times since Aug 2011.