Bakkerij Krijnen

• Bakery Bakery
802-442-1001

1001 Main St, Bennington, Vermont, USA, 05201

Bakery owned by a Dutch pastry chef. Offers authentic Dutch treats, crusty artisan sourdough bread, and vegan soups. Uses local, organic ingredients. No vegan pastries, but soup and bread is vegan. Open Wed-Sun 8:30am-5:30pm.

First Review by VickyVeg

Great Vegan Soups! - Edit

Great owners, soup du jour is always vegan, and great tasting...today I had a Quinoa/Chick Pea soup that was fantastic. I rated this bakery as high as I could because the vegan soup is always depending-ly there, and delicious.

Pros: Soup is always vegan. Atmosphere is homey and frie

Cons: No Vegan pastries/cakes/cookies that I know of.

Best Vegan Sandwiches - Edit

I had a great vegan sandwich here when I visited. It had marinated mushrooms, a balsamic glaze, cilantro pesto, and avocado all on a nice, crusty baguette. Needless to say, it was amazing. I think they might have vegan specials like that sandwich daily, but I'm not 100% sure. In any case, the owner was very sensitive to the needs of vegans - she even sells vegan hamburger buns, which are very hard to find where I live in Raleigh - so I think this bakery would be able to whip you something up if you have dietary restrictions. Great place, great people, delicious food and bread - I highly recommend it!

Pros: They sell vegan hamburger buns!, Delicious food, Very friendly people

Cons: Doesn't have much seating

Return to Bennington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bakkerij Krijnen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.