CLOSED: Bake-a-Boo

Contact 020-74351666

86 Mill Lane, West Hampstead, North West London, England, NW6 1NL

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small bake shop and tea room specializing in cupcakes. Also serves soups and finger sandwiches for lunch. Might offer a vegan cupcake and a few other dairy-free and/or gluten-free baked goods - call ahead to check avaialbility. OCT 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Fri 12:00pm-6:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm, Sat 10:00am-6:00pm

Category: Lacto, Take-out, Bakery, British, English, Non-veg

First Review by flamekat

Disappointing - Edit

I was super excited when I heard there was a tea room with vegan options just 10 minutes from my flat, but having just been there and paid an extortionate £16 for what was basically 2 slices of bread, a bowl of grapes and a cupcake, I won't be rushing back. Despite the fact that the cupcake was very tasty, it would have to be something special to warrant a £16 bill at the end. The fruit wasn't served with any topping options and the sandwiches consisted of just a thin slice of cucumber or some avocado. I might have been happier about paying this amount if the lady serving us had been friendly and chatty but she made it feel like we were really putting her out by coming to her cafe and spending a load of cash. Call me old fashioned but I expect someone running a tearoom to be warm and welcoming. I left this cafe feeling cold and disappointed that it wasn't going to turn into my new local option for sandwiches and cakes.

Pros: Nice vintage decor, Good range of teas

Cons: Expensive, Unfriendly and unwelcoming staff, Not much effort put into vegan option

Adorable and delicious - Edit

I work nearby bake-a-boo, and like to pop in for lunch. The shop is hard to miss as the facade is painted lavender. They usually have a veggie or vegan sandwich option for lunch (chilli hummus & avocado, for example). There's also coffee, tea, and individual Alpro soya milks (chocolate, banana, and strawbery). The range of cupcakes and other treats varies from day to day, and a vegan option isn't always available, so it would be wise to call ahead to check or to see if you can put in a special order if it's for a special occasion. Their original vegan option is chocolate, which is tasty, but I'm in the middle of eating a fabulous banana cupcake at the moment complete with a banana chip on top, and it's absolutely amazing! My friends have tried the regular and gluten-free options, and say they're delicious as well.

Pros: delicious cupcakes!, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Cons: not always a vegan cupcake

Return to North West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bake-a-Boo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1263 times since Dec 2007.