First Review by MeM

Many Vegan Options, Clearly Marked - Edit

Although off the beaten path and definitely a hole in the wall type place, I highly recommend checking out Banh Mi So. I don't think this has always necessarily been the case, but they now really cater to vegans and vegetarians and I love supporting this effort. In fact, front and center on the landing page on their website it says they specialize in vegan and vegetarian food. They have two different kinds of vegan banh mi's, vegan pho, spring rolls, fried crepes, plus entrees with curried tofu and mock chicken. The menu is very clearly marked.
My husband and I split the Joe B Banh Mi, the Pho with vegetarian beef, and the fried veggie crepes. Everything was very good. The crepes were pretty oily but very tasty and we especially liked the Banh Mi, which contained veggie beef, pickled veggies, peanuts, and sauteed onions. I wish this place was closer to where I lived or worked because I want to start going more often.

Pros: Caters to vegans and vegetarians, Vegan banh mi and pho, Very reasonable prices

Great owners! - Edit

This is a wonderful, no frills place. delicious tofu bahn mi, and I always get a delicious curried tofu over rice. Reasonable prices, their specials always sound delicious. Always have very nice people working. I would love if vegan dishes were marked, I have a dread of fish sauce!

Return to St Louis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bahn Mi So closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.