First Review by

Very nice falafel - Edit

I like it a lot. Cozy place and delicious falafel. It´s a small vegetarian business which offers food from the middle east. I love the falafel with spicy mango sauce.
Very vegan friendly.
Would recommend it and it's definitely the best fafafel close to Winterfeldplatz.

Pros: good food, good service, vegan friendly

Cons: it can take a bit of time to prepare it

Yummy - Edit

I love this homemade Falafel. Its a tasty and fresh meal. The stuff is friendly and you have some options with hummus, baba ganoush, makali. The mango sauce is vegan and the stuff knows the meaning of vegan.
They also offer fresh pressed juices.

Ich liebe diese hausgemachten Falafeln. Eine Pitatasche ist eine frische leckere Mahlzeit. Das Personal ist freundlich und versteht was vegan bedeutet. Es gibt auch Optionen mit Hummus, Baba Ganoush udn Makali. Die Mangosauce it vegan. Zudem gibt es frisch gepresste Säfte.

Pros: friendly stuff, cheep, fresh falafels

Cons: most suces with yoghurt, small bistro

tasty falafel - Edit

very taste falafel for a small price. very friendly and helpfull staff. 3,5-4,5 eur for a falafel sandwish with 3-5 big, tasty falafel balls. it's a small place with 3 tables where you can sit at, nothing for a fancy dinner but ideal for a quick visit.

only con: there is no toilet

Pros: friendly staff, tasty food, inexpensive

Cons: no toilet

the 'Melt in your mouth' falafel experience!!! - Edit

If you find better tasting falafels anywhere else in the Berlin (of course, after trying the falafels at Baharat!) I'd like to know. I ordered a falafel sandwich (around € 3.50) and was worth every penny. The falafels were freshly fried, soft and moist, just melting in the mouth. Salad stuffing was fresh and crisp and the sauce was perfectly spiced.
The staff is friendly and they seem confident that they serve the best tasting falafels in Belrin!
It's a small and simple but a clean eatery, not ideal for a fancy dress date! So if you're looking for the tastiest food while in Berlin, put this place up on your list.

Small place, good food, friendly atmosphere - Edit

We had the Baghdad Platter with various tasty things, such as falafels, hummus and many other things I don't know the names of. Felt very authentic Middle Eastern. The freshly squeezed juice was amazing and very well worth the (inexpensive) price.

The owner/cook played some cool arabic music at a decent level which was nice. The service was very quick, and it's not a place you sit and lounge for ages. It's a fast food restaurant, but I'd imagine it's actually quite healthy, didn't feel "fatty". I would definitely come back if I was in the neighbourhood.

Pros: Tasty food, Nice staff, Inexpensive

Cons: No toilet

The best falafel I've ever had - Edit

I'm so lucky I live around the corner from this place - 3 euros for the best (3-ball) falafel I've ever had. Baharat uses all fresh ingredients, the tomatoes, cucumbers, ETC are amazing. If you're vegan MAKE SURE TO TELL HIM - NO YOGURT SAUCE! I get the spicy mango sauce, and besides even if I could eat the yogurt sauce I wouldn't because the other one is better. :-P

The fruit juice is 3,50 for a large (big glass!), but it's freshly made and worth every penny (share it, or get a small for 2 euros).

Recently, they've had this amazing thing on the menu called the "Mesa plate" for 3 euros -- it has three dishes all freshly prepared: tabouleh, baba ganouj, hummus, with pita bread. Order it, you won't regret it!

Also, this place is open late (1 or 2AM I think?), but it's quite small. That said, it's cozy and I often sit in the window seats while eating.

Pros: delicious food, cheap, comfy

Cons: small

Very tasty food and friendly people! - Edit

We tried out Baharat-Falafel yesterday and were more than pleased. We had a "Bagdadteller" for two which cost 12€ - not too cheap but the food was great and we were full afterwards (We told them we wanted a vegan version of the dish). The staff was very friendly. They recommended the fresh "Gute Laune" juice - a mix of banana, orange, pineapple and carrot for 2€. We tried it and loved it!
A friend had a falafel sandwich which was very good as well.
It doesn't say on the menu what is vegan and what isn't but just ask and you will be helped :)

Pros: good food, friendly staff, nice atmosphere and music

Good Falafel - Edit

Not much to say except for that it's some good eats for a reasonable price. They have a new sesame sauce that is vegan so you don't have to settle for no sauce dry falafel wraps. Wish the hummous was included but you can pay extra for it.

Pros: vegan friendly, excellent falafels, fresh

Cons: pay extra for hummous

Super Quality Falafel - Edit

A well established place selling superb falafel. This place know how to serve up top quality food. As I stood outside A mini bus full of well dressed middle aged people was dropped off outside and they all went in for food. Great location in a vibrant area of the city.

Great place for an informal lunch - Edit

Fresh food. Great prices. Friendly welcome. After the Falafel, I would recommend the mixed fresh fruit smothie.

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Baharat-Falafel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3306 times since Aug 2007.