Bagels and Beans - Spui

+31-703028119

Spui 40 (at Van Stockum bookstore), The Hague, Netherlands, 2511BS

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chain of lunchrooms, this one is inside Van Stockum bookstore. Offers some vegetarian and vegan bagels, plus sweets, coffee with soymilk option, fresh juices. Uses some fair-trade and organic ingredients. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon 11:00am-6:30pm, Tue-Wed 8:30am-6:30pm, Thu 8:30am-9:00pm, Fri 8:30am-6:30pm, Sat 10:00am-6:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by StrilliVanilli

"Weedbagel" - talking SEAweed here ;-) - Edit

This place is one of my favorite hangouts when I am in the city center and up to a coffee and a quick bite. I love the combination of book shop and lunch room. Usually I have a soy cappuccino and a (vegan) "Weedbagel", but they have some other vegan options as well. The staff is very friendly, although the place is usually quite busy.

Pros: nice bagels, friendly staff, in a bookstore

Very friendly, tasty, helpful - Edit

We had a vegan bagel with "chicken teriyaki" (from De Vegetarische Slager next door) with lettuce, coriander and rucola. Beforehand we asked what was vegan and they had a full (!) list of every single ingredient of every dish they served there. This was super useful and ensuring. We now could order anything that was vegan because we knew what actually was vegan. Plus the bagel was really tasty.
The soy matcha latte was great, too (I had two) and they were generally really nice and helpful. It was the best little vegan snack we could get around there. I cannot speak for their various other shops in Den Haag but this one we loved.

Pros: Very vegan-friendly, Very nice staff, Value for money

Cons: Not too many vegan options but enough for a little

Return to The Hague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bagels and Beans - Spui closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.