Bagels & Beans - Keizersgracht

0203305508

Keizersgracht 504, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1017

Serves meat, vegan options available. Dutch chain of lunchrooms offering a menu inspired by the tastes of Europe and southern France. Has plant milk for drinks, Dutch Weed Burger (ask), and vegan bagels with fillings options like vegan cream cheese, avocado, hummus. Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, European, Non-veg

First Review by Amy1274

Friendly Staff, But Not A Good Place - Edit

There was only 1 vegan savoury choice and 1 vegan dessert. There are far too many tables and chairs in the tiny restaurant and you can barely move. Not a good time, but the staff were really friendly!

great place to grab and go; harder for vegans - Edit

This was a great lunch spot for my Omni boyfriend and I to grab a bagel after our walking tour. While they had a limited vegan selection, my bagel was fantastic, and the waitress was super helpful!

Overall, great lunch choices for all.

Pros: cheap, quick

Cons: minimal vegan options

Good for vegetarians, not so much for vegans - Edit

If you are vegetarian, this is a convenient place to grab a quick bite, with a decent range of bagels, salads and cakes, with fillings including vegetarian "chicken." For, vegans the options are more limited. I was hoping to have a bagel with dark chcolate sprinkles, but the server was not sure whether the spread used was dairy butter or margarine, so I went for hummus and cucumber instead. Although the menu lists plain hummus as an option, most venues of this chain are happy to offer hummus with certain salad items to vegans. There is also a banana bagel offered and they can make all drinks with soy milk.

Aside from the relative lack of choice, I like that there is a wide choice of bagels and the one I ate here was definitly fresh and filling; had I better planned ahead though, I could have prepared the same item at home for a fraction of the cost. So good for a bite on the go, but not the best option for vegans in Amsterdam.

Pros: convenient, chain is easy to locate and reliable

Cons: not fully vegan, limited choice, staff not that familiar with menu

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bagels & Beans - Keizersgracht closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.