Bagels and Beans - Ferdinand Bolstraat

+31-206171620

Ferdinand Bolstraat 70, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1072 LM

Serves meat, vegan options available. Dutch-owned chain of lunchrooms Bagels & Beans offers a menu inspired not by American-style bagels but the tastes and herbs of Europe and Southern France. Offers vegetarian and vegan bagels, sweets, coffee, and fresh juices. Could replace cream cheese with hummus for some items. Has vegetarian tuna. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Georgina

food nice, service pretty bad, knowledge poor - Edit

I came here when on holiday with a group of meat eaters as it did decent breakfast options for them and me. I was excited to see they had a vegan cream cheese so I ordered that. When it arrived I checked it was the vegan cheese, as it had green bits in it and the vegan cheese was supposed to be red pepper. The person serving me said 'it's mostly vegan, there's cucumber in it...' and I realised she'd brought me a totally different, non vegan cheese. I told her this and she asked me to point out the vegan one on the menu as she didn't know what I was talking about. I did, she went to check with a colleague, then told me they'd run out. So I ordered a bagel with just peanut butter instead, which I'd had the day before in another branch and knew was just a warm bagel with a small jar of peanut butter on the side to spread on the bagel yourself. It still managed to take so long to make that everyone else with me finished way before mine arrived.

Pros: pretty tasty, more than 1 vegan option, good for a variety of dietary requirements

Cons: staff knowledge poor , service slow

Photo of Bagels and Beans - Ferdinand Bolstraat  by <a href="/members/profile/vikkicrowe">vikkicrowe</a> <br/>vegan pecan pie  <br/> August 22, 2017  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/47886/295690'>Report</a>

vegan pecan pie

Photo of Bagels and Beans - Ferdinand Bolstraat  by <a href="/members/profile/vikkicrowe">vikkicrowe</a> <br/>the oathie bagel with peanut butter <br/> August 22, 2017  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/47886/295689'>Report</a>

the oathie bagel with peanut butter

Convenient option - Edit

This was a nice place albeit a bit tricky to get to with current construction work - but it was still quiet and undisturbed inside so a good choice. Not a huge amount of vegan choices but they were clearly labelled and the staff were helpful when I was confused. I had the one with the 'meat' from the Vegetarian Butcher and it was really good - they're generous with the fillings! Also vegan pecan pie for dessert was lovely, and there's takeaway as well as eat-in. (And there is a toilet :)

Pros: Friendly and knowledgeable staff, Quick service, Clear labelling

Cons: Not the cheapest cafe, Not a huge range of vegan options

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bagels and Beans - Ferdinand Bolstraat closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.