First Review by iridescentfire

Would go back - Edit

In from Milwaukee and visited once, would have gone again but they close at 3pm. This place has a crazy amount of business from what I noticed. It took longer than expected to get a hummus sandwich which wasn't very tasty. They had a few more vegan options so I would go back and try more.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Service, Business hours

Okay Salad, Great Dressing - Edit

As noted below, the hours are severely limited to serve the Central Business District lunch crowd. I've been here a few times and while it was good, I got pretty burned out on it pretty quick. In my opinion, the absolute best part is the homemade salad dressing (is it tamari, lemon juice, olive oil, and soy sauce?).

new location and hours would make this place great - Edit

I also had the vegetarian tacos which were fabulous. There were several things on the menu that I wanted and I am disappointed I couldn't get back to eat there again. First impressions say a lot though and this place is TINY and dirty. Even the chairs were gross with dust and food spills caked on them. There is hardly any seating, even with an 'overflow' area adjacent to the normal eating and ordering place. The overflow is kind of annoying because it's not RIGHT there where you order food and your food is called out by your name so if you're not in that room you either have to continually check back or wait until one of the workers realizes your food has been sitting for a while and take it to the other room to see if you're there. It's very busy and popular place so the atmosphere is also busy. I don't understand with so many customers why they don't get a place with seating all in one area or maybe replace or clean their furniture. The hours are terrible closing at 3PM. Although it was dirty and small the food was still good and I would still recommend it. Maybe do a pick up and take out to Lee circle to eat.

Pros: great food, a lot of options

Cons: not enough seats, dirty

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Back to the Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6012 times since Aug 2007.