First Review by Jemima

I wouldn't bother - Edit

This shop has been the same as described in the other review for as long as I can remember. It rarely seems to be open and on the one occasion that I found it open, it was pretty much bare then too. That would have been well over a year ago, I also found the shop to be dusty, the food stuff seems to have been there for some time. Not really somewhere that I would want to shop, which is why I've never been back (there is a nice italian cafe/health food shop a little further up, across the road from Clapton Pond which is much better), I'm very surprised that this place is still open.

Cons: When are they ever open?, Where are the products?, Similar to a ghost town!

Felt like it was starting up or packing up - Edit

The sign for this place is faded/ dusky and I only found it by stumbling upon it. I thought it had just opened because the store was largely bare.

There were a couple of racks and a fridge which were also mostly bare. It is dry/ packaged food and there were some toiletry items too, mostly Caribbean stock. Not sure that there is much organic stock.

It was hard to get any service from the man there who seemed to be trying to avoid me. Maybe he was just shy or he might have been stoned. He said that it was getting more stock in two weeks.

I only saw some prices for some Caribbean toiletries and I have no reference for how much they should cost so can't comment on value.

Hopefully they'll have more stock now.

Cons: small stock, customer service

Return to East London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Back to Eden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1475 times since Aug 2009.