Bach on Breakwater

Oceanview Parade, New Plymouth, New Zealand, 4310

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe and restaurant. Menu offers labeled vegetarian and vegan choices, and produced used is locally sourced. Building is made of old wharf timbers and other up-cycled material and features local needle crafts.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Salad bar, Beer/Wine, Fusion, New Zealand, Non-veg

First Review by jennybean678

Good Cabinet options.... - Edit

A nice cafe down on the New Plymouth waterfront. Vegan cabinet options are clearly labelled orange. Quite a few had already sold out in the early afternoon...it's popular here. We tried a couple of the dessert slices and a muffin for a afternoon snack . Very good. They also do a lunch / brunch menu with a couple of Vegan choices too.

~ Came back for breakfast in March '18 during Womad weekend ~ I had the vegan breakfast & it was great! Nicely prepared with generous portions & tasty flavours. Great, friendly service again. ~

One of those cafes where you can tell someone working here is a vegan....more choices and great quality. Bach have the best vegan dessert options we have found in New Plymouth...Recommended!

Pros: Quality cabinet food at good prices., Friendly & knowledgeable staff

lots of options - Edit

The Bach is a great place to go for brekkie, lunch or morning tea and there are heaps of vegan options to choose from. They are the only place I know of in NP to get vegan baked goods like sugar doughnuts and chocolate cake, yum!
Our dine in experiences have been pretty good but most times we have opted for a takeaway option we have ended up waiting 25 minutes for coffee and cake, our orders have been forgotten or mixed up or the coffee is a bit burnt but no biggie, these guys can get seriously busy at times.
Overall this place is pretty awesome, I've taken family members from out of town several times and they've loved it.

Pros: lots of delicious vegan options, sweet and savoury

Cons: this cafe is a bit more pricey than others and a b

Great service and lovely food - Edit

Visited here for brunch with my family and we were all really pleased by the kind and fast service and delicious food. Really good portion sizes as well. Mum talked to one of the owners who is also very fan and her husband is vegetarian as well. It was really nice to see a place with such good vegan options and a lovely welcoming environment by the water. I would definitely recommend a visit here.

Pros: great service , great food

Return to New Plymouth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bach on Breakwater closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.