Baan Suan Pak

• Health Store
Contact 053-233317

49/7 Soi Muban Wang Sing Kham, Chiang Mai, Thailand,

Retail and wholesale food store selling a variety of fresh organic and chemical-free fruits and vegetables, has black and white organic tahini, plus a small restaurant with four tables. Owner speaks English and can prepare dishes for vegetarians and vegans upon request. Fresh aloe vera and other juices are bottled in the store. Fresh wheatgrass juice offered. Moved here Aug 2015.

First Review by msvegan

lovely shop - Edit

A great selection of organic produce, everything from fresh to dried foods, jars and bottled products, cleaning products, pet products, personal products. The lady was very friendly and we stopped and had a nice chat. I think the prices are fair considering most of it is organic. She does not use plastic bags so take your own, we bought a lovely canvas bag while we were there. The new shop is nice and bright, clean, cool and quiet, the only down side if you haven't got transport is the location, but we were happy to walk.

Pros: good selection, good quality , lovely lady

We move - Edit

Now we move to the new place where you can see the map from the photo

Not that impressive... - Edit

I have finally found this place as I was was told that they had a vast selections of vegan cakes. Yes, they have them but are the same that they sell in most of vegan restaurants in Chiang Mai and are more expensive. You can find most of the items in Rimping, Big C and other health stores in CM at cheaper prices. Maybe is good for beans, temphe, spices and tahini though.

Pros: good selection of spices, tahini, temphe

Cons: meat, fish and dairy products, overpriced

This is the best Natural food store in Chiang Mai! - Edit

I finally made it to Baan Suan Pak, and wished I hadn't taken so long to get there. What a great health food store! They have an incredible variety of products for such a small space, I loved it. Big variety of produce, beans, I could list on and on but basically everything in the store is a gem. Very excited to have this resource in Chiang Mai, and from what I hear the owner is very committed to the health food lifestyle (as opposed to just cashing in) so her products are more likely to be authentic.

This should be your first stop in Chiang Mai for natural foods!

Pros: great variety, really well chosen products, great locally made selections

Cons: little difficult to find

Organic produce - Edit

Great organic produce at a good price. Green sticker means no chemicals/pesticides while the orange sticker means some pesticides were used. The dried bananas are amazing and only 40bht. A discount is provided if you bring your own bag.

Pros: good value

Organic products - Edit

I buy there vegetables, tofu, noodles, beans, nuts, spices - it's not expensive, prices are fair. The owner is friendly and offers money back if you bring back glass jars, + discounts if you have your bag to put products in.

Pros: Lots of spices and nut pastes, Good prices, Discounts for bringing your bags

Overpriced on many items - Edit

Selection of washed and plastic bagged fruits and veggies and imported products. Not that wide a selection. I prefer to shop at the Vegetarian Center. Her Tahini is overpriced at 30 baht or more per jar/bag than Kasem store (just right down the street).

Pros: prewashed organic produce

Cons: dead flesh, dairy, over priced

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Baan Suan Pak closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7187 times since Aug 2007.