Baan Jai Dee

69/3 Ao Nai Wok Beach Moo 4, Koh Phangan, Thailand, 84280

Restaurant also offering accommodation. Sits just above the beach, on a quiet street. Small menu, vegan except for (optional) cheese. NOTE: Please send correct / exact map coordinates to happycow! Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Thai, Western

First Review by tcascade

Stumbled Upon This Hotel & Restaurant - Edit

Baan Jai Dee is located on a less-traveled road on the Western side of the island. I was out exploring, and I saw the large "Vegan" sign as I rode by. I did not recall seeing this restaurant on Happy Cow, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm glad I stopped. The green curry was excellent, and the service was exceptional. The attached hotel is a bit of a curiosity, because it looks brand-new, but the beach-front villas down below are only 1/2 completed. But also, there does not appear to be any on-going construction. The five rooms that are open looked comfortable, but the unfinished rooms below look like they have enormous potential. If you are looking for a comfortable, affordable place to stay on the island with a vegan restaurant on-site, I recommend this place, particularly if you are a runner, because the lightly-traveled road looks like a great place to run. I'm rating 4/5 cows for two reasons. I asked for spicy green curry and instead of using fresh Thai chilis, my meal was served with dry, powdered-chili spice. Also, I was informed that all meals are vegan, with the exception of (optional) cheese for the veggie burger and burritos. All-vegan would be better.

Return to Koh Phangan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Baan Jai Dee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.