Contact 916-824-1688

2620 Sunset Blvd Ste 1, Rocklin, California, USA, 95677

Relocated from Roseville in fall-2015. Offers a menu of fast vegan cuisine with veggie sandwiches, panini, soups, quesadilla, salads, smoothies, ice cream, fresh juice plus rotating seasonal desserts like cheesecake in various flavors. Most items are gluten free. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm, Sun 9:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Jessie Reymont

Lovvveeee - Edit

I love this place - I don't love that they moved to Rocklin, but the further trip is worth it from time to time. Great smoothies, great staple items to buy, and fantastic sandwiches. I've heard good things about their burgers as well, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet. I'm excited to explore more of their menu.

Pros: All vegan!, Fresh tasting, Happy environment

Cons: Location is kind of lonely

One of my all time favorite burgers - Edit

I HIGHLY recommend the "blue cheese" mushroom burger. I brought a very skeptical omnivore friend here not long ago and he became obsessed with this burger. Get it with the avocado if you don't mind spending the extra $$ or just take it home and put some avo on it yourself. So amazing.

Vegan Cafe - Edit

They moved to Rocklin while proclaiming service and food would get better. Unfortunately in my experience it has not. New location is not close to freeway or shopping, like previous location, however because vegan options are limited I wanted to drive the extra distance to have healthy food.

They used to have this amazing salad and wrap counter. I was able to interact with the employees, ask them how their day went, etc. And they would hand make these incredible wraps, beautiful and delicious. I was always happy to see them as they were me.

Then they decided to take out the front wrap and salad assembly line to put it in the back so now if you want to modify the wrap or salad, they charge for every single topping (i.e., $1 for mushrooms, $1 for slaw, when they are only putting a pinch on the wrap). Now the wraps and salads are much smaller, because you are not able to give input, and things are forgotten (sprouts, or carrots, etc). I've paid extra for avocado several times to find they forgot to put it on my panini, salad, and wraps. It's very frustrating to drive 15-20 min further (due to traffic) to have my meal not at the level at used to be.

All the exciting experienced employees are no longer in the front to greet you, only a person that just started there, that does not know the register very well, and very cold. This place went from being vibrant with smily faces to employees being hidden in the back.

If you go there to eat prepare for it to take 15-20 minutes for them to make your food or smoothie.

I would like to call in the order, but many times they either do not answer the phone, or it is so complicating to tell them what I want, I just out of necessity order ready made soup or a simple panini with minimal ingredients so I'm not disappointed. Even though I know the wraps and salads could be incredible if given the effort.

Really wish they would bring back the create your own wrap salad counter :( Feels like they keep trying to re-invent the wheel, and it is very sad as they were one of the few places I could count on for vegan food.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday September 29, 2015

Pros: vegan

Cons: no more salad making in front, no more wrap making in the front, only front cashier, all employees in bk

A Happy Find! - Edit

When we first stepped into Baagan, we decided to chat at a lunch table to wait for the lunch crowd to shorten up a bit before standing in the long order line. It's not a full restaurant with waitstaff, but after you order they call you when it's ready. We were both surprised at how busy Baagan was that day.
We ordered the Roasted Chipotle Tacos, the Golden Monkey Warrior Smoothie with an add-on of Reishi Mushroom, the Hot Peaceful Panda and I also took a small taste of my lunch partner's smoothie, which was much sweeter than both of my hot and cold beverages. I actually liked my hot drink a little better than the cold smoothie that day because the "sweetness" factor was just right for me. But, after sharing the taco plate with my lunch partner, we both agreed the tacos were totally delicious and better than all of our beverages put together.
I like the brightly painted walls because they really accented the wall-hangings and food for purchase packages. Their patrons were dressed mostly in business suits and also some in casual attire. I noticed many people with Baagan packaged food items off the shelf to also be purchased with their dine-in lunch order. I interpreted that as a good sign that the meal we were about to order was going to be not only healthy, but scrumptious as well. And of course, I turned out to be "spot on" in that sighting... the food and beverages were excellent that day.
Overall, the Baagan food is worth the price and the long wait in line to order. It's also worth the "extra" drive over to their new location in Rocklin (from their previous location in Roseville), which makes it a "Happy Find" in our book!

Closed - Edit

My husband and I were really excited to eat here but when we got there the building was vacated. :( We tried calling but the number was disconnected. Very sad!

super tasty vegan fare - Edit

Stopped for dinner recently while traveling on business. I arrived about 5 min before scheduled closing time. The guys were very helpful. They customized the quinoa wrap for me and I also ordered vegan banana ice cream. The wrap was very good and the ice cream wad maybe the best vegan ice cream I've had yet.

Very Disappointing!!! - Edit

Just left Baagan, very sad!! I have been here several times before, and it has been okay, and I mean just okay. Today my daughter and I went in for smoothies. It was a 30 minute wait for 2 smoothies, and they were terrible! There were still whole sunflower seeds in the drinks, which if I hadn't been paying attention, could have choked on! Won't be back!!

2 Responses

So delicious - Edit

I love this place. The curry panini is great and the kitchari is so good. I want to try more items but the kitchari is so great, I keep getting that. Everything is so delicious and also it feels really healthy. I wish there were more places that serve healthy and tasty food.

Angelique and everyone there is great.

They're going to expand and raising money on GoFundMe, so that they can move and serve grilled and roasted foods, baked bread, etc. If you can, please contribute.

A Nice Find - Edit

We stopped while traveling and had a nice experience. The order came backwards and the food wasn't spectacular but given that there are so few vegan places, we were happy.
I loved my curry panini and my husband loved his lentil soup and spinach wrap.
My bakalva cheesecake had stale walnuts on it but his didn't, go figure.

Pros: Location while traveling

The BEST - Edit

This is my favorite restaurant. The food is always fresh, delicious and quick. Even my omnivore husband likes this place. This is not just for vegans, this is for anyone who wants a satisfying, healthy meal full of flavor. Try the kitcheri, it is to die for!

Pros: Clean & friendly, Vegan, Fresh

What a find! - Edit

Made my first visit to Baagan. Fantastic food! Had their yellow squash panini and it was soo good. A delightful place with truly caring employees.

Pros: Excellent food , Great value, Great staff

Simple but delicious - Edit

I tried the eggplant panini special for $6 and a garden salad. Both were good but simple. Their menu is small but the place was packed the whole weekday lunch hour I was there, which is a good sign!
This isn't the most exciting place, but everything on the menu is vegan and it's worth a try!

Pros: Inexpensive , Simple, Excellent atmosphere and customer service

Cons: Limited menu options

What they said! - Edit

There isn't too much to add to what has already been said. I stopped here tonight on my way back from Reno. The dining area is spacious and very comfortable. The owner's name is Raj, just as sweet as can be, she explained about all of the specialty teas they produce. Turns out they have been wholesaling their products for over a year, but they just opened the cafe portion six months ago.

I had the wrap with a spicy chipotle sauce, a cup of soup, and a smoothie. Also bought some packaged goods to bring home. Baagan has a permanent place on my list of good places to eat, while in the Sacramento area.

Pros: Fresh and delicious, Inexpensive, Friendly

Cons: "out there" Roseville

A Fabulous Meal...Everytime! - Edit

This is the BEST vegan restaurant! While very inexpensive (a plus!), food is very high quality, fresh, organic, and prepared on site..even the gluten-free bread that's the best I've ever had. The owners are so warm and helpful, and will give you samples before you orde soup or salad of the day. Great soups, salads (love the kale!), and their "peanut butter cup" smoothie-made with almond butter-will keep you coming back for more...so delicious! I haven' had one thing there I didn't like, and I'm pretty picky. Nice, relaxed atmosphere too..can dine in with friends and easily visit, or they prepare for take-out too! 5+++

Pros: Healthy, fresh vegan, very inexpensive, fabulous staff/owners

Cons: wish they were open later

Baagan... where have you been all my diet? - Edit

Where can a Vegetarian with dairy, gluten, soy, corn, shellfish, strawberries, honey & sugar sensitivities eat out at??? BAAGAN... BAAGAN in Roseville California has met all of my intolerance challenges and made me one extremely happy customer!!!
Never would I have thought that I could walk into a restaurant and have such a variety to order from and everything is incredibly delicious!!!
My personal favorite is the veggie sandwich on gluten free bread with cheesy chipotle spread, Indian curry lintel soup, Tulsi tea and their chocolate soft serve with hot fudge.
Baagan boasts a friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere, and a Vegan/Raw online and in restaurant menu which lists all of the ingredients (except the soup of the day).
You can also sample their wonderful 4 teas which they rotate weekly or many of their nutritious snacks, all which can be bought in larger quantities.
You must check out Baagan... you're gonna love it!!!

Pros: Delicious healthy food, Friendly staff, grea atmosphere

Cons: You will become addicted :)

Baagan Roseville...yum! - Edit

I was so happy to find a place like Baagan in Roseville. I just love it, the food is great as well as the staff. So many healthy options you will not find in our area. I drink their tea daily. Can't wait to visit again soon...

Pros: healthy, goid value, cozy

Baagan is the Best - Edit

Baagan is Awesome. Nutritious Delicious Food.The staff is very friendly! The food is excellent and the price are very affordable!!
I have tried everything and some favorites are the veggie sandwich with jalapeno hummus, lentil soup, and the almond butter smoothie.

Healthy and Affordable - Edit

YES!!! Finally a healthy and affordable place to eat in Roseville. I love the food and the atmosphere. The veggie sandwiches are delicious. The salads are big and yummy and the smoothies are a nice treat on a hot day. Do yourself a favor and check this place out. Also, I learned that Baagan means garden.

Pros: healthy food, good value, friendly staff

light, organic, healthy, yummy - Edit

It doesn't really feel like a restaurant, but my husband and I loved the food and service. The two ladies behind the counter were friendly and helpful. We ordered the peanut butter cup smoothie, veggie sandwich and lentil soup. We really liked all three, especially the smoothie. What I love about this place is that the food is light, healthy, organic and everything seems to be house-made. There are a few tables to sit and eat at but so far it seems like the vibe may be to get take-out. Highly recommended.

Pros: inexpensive, great service, organic and healthy

Cons: limited menu

Be Well - Eat at Baagan - Edit

I feel so Blessed to now have such a Special Restaurant in our area. Raw & Vegan Food is the Way of the Future, even if you just add it to your Lifestyle. The Food here is not only as Nutritious as it can get, but just as Delicious. If you Care about YOU & want Great Food, bring your friends and family to Baagan. Be Well & Thrive!!

Pros: Raw & Cooked Vegan, Organtic, Friendly

Fantastic and friendly!! - Edit

I went here for lunch yesterday with a girlfriend, and we both had the lentil soup and veggie sandwiches. Everything that we ate was FRESH and delicious, you can tell a lot of love goes into the food that they create and serve. The lentil soup was just spicy enough, and fearful, and the sandwich was crunchy and filling, and the pesto spread we had on it was perfect with the veggies. After our meals, my friend had the vegan chocolate ice cream, which was made just like I make them at home, but you can get a variety of.toppings there that increase the deliciousness :) I had an Orange Juliet smoothie, which was amazing, sweet but not too sweet. it was just like the Orange Julius' that I used to get almost daily :)) anyway, the environment is really relaxing, the food and service definitely surpassed expectations, and we even got some really tasty iced tea to try out for free! This is one of.the best vegan restaurants I've ever tried :)

Pros: friendly environment, amazing food, fast service

Cons: none whatsoever

Baagan - Edit

I went to this place for the first time yesterday with my fiance! I ordered the garden salad and he opted for the kale salad. Both in my opinion, are pretty good! :) I also ordered the chocolate banana "ice cream," which was DELICIOUS! Who knew you could make ice cream using frozen bananas? :) My fiance ordered the chocolate spinach shake and he really enjoyed it. This is a nice place for vegans, rawisits, and health nuts to eat at. I would like to see this place really grow..I think they have lots of potential and it's nice to have a vegan place so close to home. I would however, like to see a bit more options added to the menu and maybe some more products for sale; such as t-shirts, "cheese's," and other vegan items. I would recommend this place to anyone, the people there are really friendly and let you sample the food before you try it. :) Give it a chance, I'm sure you'll like it. :) I've already been again today! :) Oh, and one last thing, the tulsi tea and kale chips are YUMMY! :D

Pros: cheap, healthy, friendly

Return to Rocklin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Baagan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7267 times since Jul 2011.