Fast food
Delivery
Take-out
Vietnamese
Breakfast

Second branch of this Vietnamese vegan restaurant opened 2019. The large menu offers breakfast foods, soups, salads, fried rice dishes, faux meats, and stir fries.

Venue map for Ba Xa - Quan 3
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by isjaquatsch

melliv95

Points +57

06 Feb 2024

Amazing food

I had summer rolls and vegan fish, it was so good. Would really recommend to go there!

lukec98

Points +592

17 Oct 2023

Really high quality local food

These was one of the more expensive places I tried in HCMC but it was one of the best. I had the vegan duck which I loved, and some of the best tofu I have ever had in my life. Would totally recommend it

ThomasdeHeus

Points +853

06 Sep 2023

Good food and several locations, doesn't disappoint

There's a few of these around Saigon and they have an enourmous menu, so I'm still yet to scratch the surface. Food always comes out so quickly despite the range. Have been with Vegan Vietnamese friends who select the restaurant, so it must be good.

A little more expensive than some other places but good for a little bit more upmarket dinner.

lealuana98

Points +179

29 May 2023

Good

The food is super good and tasty! Been here 2 times. Staff is a bit slow in service.

IlkaS

Points +589

01 Apr 2023

Tasty but not all is vegan

It was very spicy. 🙂
Ice is not vegan but not declared.
Not all staff members speak english very well, so ordering and getting answers was a little difficult 😜

Pros: (Nearly) all is vegan

Cons: I‘m not sure if the fish sauce is vegan, Ice not vegan, No milk alternative

BorneoOrangutan

15 Oct 2023

Ice as in ice cream? Or as in the frozen water is not vegan?

IlkaS

21 Oct 2023

Reformed

Points +94

17 Mar 2023

Great food, dismal service

Based on other great reviews we went here, and the food was good. However, on our first occasion our starter of spring rolls didn't come until after our main meal was finished, despite querying where they were. On our second visit, the food came in no particular order, and they had forgotten one dish and one drink - maybe because the waiting staff don't write the order down but try to memorise everything? On the 3rd occasion once more a meal was forgotten, and when we asked where it was it was eventually brought... but without the ordered side dish. Such a shame because the restaurant is clean, the food tasty, and the prices reasonable. We did not go for a 4th meal.

Pros: Good choices, Delicious food, Reasonable prices

Cons: Terrible service

BlankenlocherMädel

Points +92

17 Mar 2023

Must go to place

Best vegan food I’ve ever had. Lovely place and people. Did not disappoint.

Pros: Fully vegan restaurant , Flavoursome , Authentic Vietnamese

mhector513

Points +118

07 Mar 2023

Second time

This is my second time eating at Ba Xa but not at this location. I ordered a noodle dish with a bunch of mushrooms and tofu. It was really good.

KatieBlerg

Points +60

11 Feb 2023

Great vegan food in d3

Have eaten here many times. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I love the vegan braised pepper pork, mushroom goi, salted fish rice, mushroom with peppers.

Pros: Really tasty food, Good service, Big menu

Cons: Some items are hit or miss

AnnaSpurek

Points +66

26 Dec 2022

Vegan Vietnamese

Very kind staff, we ate vegan duck and fried spring rolls.
#Veganuary

Pros: Great choice, Photos of menu

POLISHIK🐸

Points +139

07 Dec 2022

Not friendly at all

They didn’t let us in with a small dog. So gross

Cons: Not pet friendly

Ruben

04 Aug 2023

I'm very happy about that!
Dogs at restaurants are gross, not the refusal of them!

EnriqueGB

Points +95

Vegetarian
18 Nov 2022

A little more expensive but good

Not necessarily better food than the Buddhist restaurants but more comfortable

Updated from previous review on 2022-11-18

Pros: Clean and comfortable , Good variety , English menu with pictures

Cons: A little more expensive

HappyAussieDylan

Points +278

17 Nov 2022

Delicious - good flavour

We’ve been in Saigon for a week and trying as many vegan places as possible. This was a bit more expensive than your smaller mum/dad cafes (ie, 40-50k VND a main) with the 3 mains we shared being 99k, 65k and 70k, but wow - they were very very nice.

Probably the best / 2nd best tasting vegan food we’ve tried. Was still only around $16 AUS with drinks so super cheap in context. Service was good. Shame they were so quiet. We got the pepper braised pork ( amazing), vegan duck (yum), bread bacon 2 small rice and 2 drinks! Worth a visit!

Updated from previous review on 2022-11-17

eyeheartbugs

Points +141

15 Oct 2022

great!

got excited by all the options and ordered too much. crispy noodles super good and pineapple rice!

VeganLord3000

Points +329

08 Oct 2022

Amazing, try the pork!

Whoa, I'm impressed. Went there and just had one meal, but it was amazing: braised pepper pork. I think it's the closest to real pork I had in 20 years. It consists of two layers which resemble the fat and the lean meat in pork meat. All in a spicy pepper sauce and extra rice)

Service was fast and friendly. Prices are cheap (3 euro for the pork, 2 Euro for the Blue Sea Soda). Would go there again.

Pros: Big menu, Great fake pork, Cheap prices

Cons: Nothing so far

BenBaumtomate

Points +459

13 Aug 2022

Fantastic, delicious

Modern restaurant with large food menu, very friendly staff (except for the guard who yelled at us because he thought our Grab driver wanted to park there). It's inexpensive and really tasty.

Pros: Friendly staff (except the guard outside), Very delicious food, large menu, inexpensive

Rynh

Reasonable price

Suhas_hiwale

Points +56

24 Dec 2021

Very nice place for a quick lunch/dinner.

Simple vietnamese home made food. Very nice place.

JoelT84

Points +899

09 Apr 2021

Absolutely a favorite!

This is a loving hut associated restaurant with Supreme Master TV on the wall so you know its real. It's my favorite in D3 and I am here at least once a week for lunch or dinner. They have brown rice! The menu is expansive and all the food here from rice to noodles, to salads to deserts is incredible. The staff are all sweet and kind and attentive and a few speak good english. One of the few non-western places you can get vegan ice cream and vegan cà phê sữa đá (milk coffee). Definitely try this! It's pretty busy at lunch especially on lunar chay days but not so much for dinner. Proce range is more than other places (~80k for pho) but worth it

Pros: Big menu with brown rice available, Vegan ice cream, Vegan coffee

Cons: Can get crowded, A little pricey, Sometimes out of ice cream

Transit-Future

Points +1456

06 Feb 2021

Good food, renovated place

The place itself seem good and the food is really enjoyable. They have Taro ice cream :)

Update: Before, the place was in bad shape, and I gave them some constructive critic. And when I went there again, I was very surprised, the entire place got renovated!! The walls and ceiling are newly painted, and the lower wooden wall got new acrylic plates in front of it.

There is only one small hole at the floor on the left in front of the glas wall (front of the restaurant). So I told them would be nice if that could also get fixed.

Now, maybe they planned to do that anyway, but I like to think it is because of me giving them some critic lol o(^_^)o

Pros: Good food

Cons: Small hole in the floor

maraczi

Points +510

16 Feb 2020

Would recommend!

I originally wanted to go to a different place, which turned out being close and this restaurant saved my life! I did not expect such yummy food, the staff was super friendly, huge variety of vegan food, and it came super quick. Really really enjoyed it here(:

highvibe

Points +19

Mostly Veg
29 Jan 2020

Very good vegan restaurant

Everything was nice. Good tastes, variety, kind personnel, clean place with relaxing music.

Aiwendil

Points +948

29 Jan 2020

Very delicious "fish"

We had lunch here, which was very nice. The waitresses friendly, the menu big and we ordered a salad (59K) and vegan "fish" (89K). Both was good, but the dressing for the salad was very sweet. Maybe some lemon would be nice 😋
It was a good lunch here.

Tuulia.

Points +786

19 Dec 2019

Fancy small restaurant

We tried the fried tofu (60,000VND) and the vegetable curry (65,000VND) and both were really good. The restaurant looks quite classy and the service is also really professional. If you look for something tasty to eat and a nice place a would really recommend it. It’s a little bit more pricy but it’s worth it.

Pros: Fresh and tasty curry, Nice Service , Modern Place

Cons: No free tea, A little more pricy

SteveL

Points +94

18 Nov 2019

Good Food - Good Service

We’ve been here a couple of times for dinner. Lots of variety on menu, fake meats as well as plenty of vegetables. Staff are good even if they have little English. Dishes are a good size & very tasty. We tried about 8 dishes over two nights & all were very good. I’d describe as mid range pricing. Would definitely seek out if back in Ho Chi Minh City. I’d give it a 5 but we have found somewhere even better!

Pros: Lots of Vegan options , Comfortable , Good service

Cons: Little English spoken but English on menu

JeremyWeston

Points +18

12 Nov 2019

INCREDIBLE

I got the curry with bread and soymilk flavoured with pineapple and chia.

Honestly, quite possibly one of the TASTIEST things I've ever put in my mouth. It's going to be hard not to just come here for easy meal

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Speak good English

Cons: Pleasant atmosphere

Tedward

Points +128

03 Nov 2019

Oh my gracious!

We went here last night and it was very, very good. Had the marinated "pork" and it was probably the best meat substitute I've ever tasted. My omni wife thought it was real. Incredible flavors. We also had fried rice, soup, and spring rolls - all quite tasty.

I give it 5 stars for what they did well, and despite the salad we ordered being disappointing and unedible. Par for the course in Vietnam - stick to cooked veggies.

Kind of pricey by Vietnam standards too. Spend about $20 USD on our meal.