CLOSED: Ba Bo Jai Chinese and Vegetarian Cuisine

604-569-0928

1018 Beach Ave (at Burrard Bridge), Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6E 1T7

Serves meat, vegan options available. This waterfront branch added seafood to its menu per report Apr 2013, and changed its name; previously operated as Whole Vegetarian Restaurant. The vegetarian Chinese food menu is smaller than its other location on Main St., which is also no longer just pure veg. Nice setup with tablecloths. Free Wi-Fi. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by vegan frog

Disgusting - Edit

I`m sorry but I ordered a vegetarian dish and I found some meat in it. Unacceptable... Worst vegetarian friendly place I ever been at. On top of that their staff doesn`t even speak English! When I wanted to order something vegan they had no clue what I was saying. After 10 minutes of explaining they kinda had an idea what I want and brought my me a dish which I think wasn`t even vegan ( the sauce ) and there was meat piece in it.... I`m not coming back unless they take vegetarian food seriously and hire some English speaking staff..

Pros: Good location and nice views

Cons: Staff doesn`t speak english, I found meat in my vegetarian dish, Staff has no idea what vegan is

ok - Edit

We went to Whole on Beach Avenue for the first time today. It is pretty much the same menu as Whole on Main, but the restaurant itself is a bit more upscale. Real fabric napkins and table cloth, it looks much nicer even though they kept all the artifacts of the previous Thai restaurant, including the map of Thailand!
The food was good, not amazing and the service was good. We had to ask what was vegan because the menu does not identify clearly the food and that's slightly annoying. We stuck with what we knew. Tofu rolls in black been sauce, deep fried tofu and seaweed (made to taste a bit fishy), green beans, and we tried the tofu in sesame sauce dish that had to be sent back as it contained veggie ham, which is not vegan. All in all, it was ok, lacked a bit of flavours, and salt too. The service was fast, we arrived for an early dinner so there was nobody in the dining room. The location is great, right on the seawall with a view of the marina and Granville island. I hope they make it, it is a huge space to fill everyday! I still prefer Panz or 3G for my greasy Asian food!

Pros: Free parking downtown, Clean restaurant, Alcohol licence

Cons: Hard to know what's vegan, Lacks flavours

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Ba Bo Jai Chinese and Vegetarian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.