B12

972013202

Plaça del vi 11, Girona, Spain, 17004

B12 is an organic vegan restaurant that also specialises in Catalan craft beers, 3 on tap, 50+ on our beer menu and some guest beers from other international craft brewers. Cuisine is mediterranean style with takes on Catalan traditional food that offers breakfasts, menu del dia, tapes, dinners. Outside tables look over the Placa. Previously located on Carrer Rutlla. Open Mon-Wed 10:00am-10:00pm, Thu-Fri 10:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Beer/Wine, Spanish

First Review by niallmc

It was ok. - Edit

The girl working that night didn't seem to be very happy to be there but the place did have a punk essence so maybe that's just how it is there, free to not be all smiley if you don't feel it, which is cool.

The food was ok but we had been spoiled rotten by another vegan place earlier in the day so...expectations were too high? But then it is always disappointing to hear the bing of a microwave while waiting for the food...

We had the tofu, tahini and basil balls, the potato and onion omelette & the nachos. All pretty average, maybe the omelette (more like a quiche) was a bit better than average, but still.

Maybe they should focus more on the craft beer side and keep the food to bar snacks? Maybe we came on an off day? Who knows. I'm still glad we went, glad they exist and wish them well :)

Pros: Good prices, Great range of beer, Unique

Cons: Microwave usage

Michelin star quality! - Edit

Superb food! Well presented and VERY tasty! We paid €12.50 for an exquisite three course meal with a large bottle of water! Excellent value and quality ?

Pros: Anazing vegan food , Value for money , Good choice of beers

Cons: None , None , None

We all need B12 - Edit

Whilst the memories are still fresh, I write this after one of the most amazing relaxed dining experiences of my life. After a couple of locally brewed Girona bottled beers to kick off proceedings it was on with the food. To start we had black rice with mushrooms and avocado mayo and tofu and basil balls with chimichurri sauce. These were both scintillating. I do not exaggerate. The mains were a pumpkin quiche with smoked tofu and a baked macaroni cheese with aubergine. Both were exhilarating. This was followed by desert of chocolate and Cointreau truffles. At €12.50 including a drink the 3 course menu is beyond belief amazing value. B12 is essentially a pub serving a massive range of local and Catalan craft beers by the bottle and on draft. Their amazing secret is the food. This is the kind of place that I dream of. Sorry to sound wet. I don't buy into posh extravagant places where the staff look down on you if you don't wear the right clothes. B12 is set in the beautiful old town of Girona amongst inspiring stone arches. I have been truly inspired here and it will go straight into my Happy Cow top 10. And now it's time to log off and explore some more of Girona.

Updated from previous review on 2015-12-01

Pros: amazing food, fantastic value, perfect setting

My favorite at Girona! - Edit

This bar-restaurant is a gem of Girona. They offers a very fine cuisine, with original dishes and many flavors. It is the place to be for lunch as well for breakfast: you can have croissants (so good!) and tapas with vegan cheese and chorizo. The location is very central in the old city centre. I will definitely go there again when back in Girona.

Pros: excellent food, original, great tapas, croissants, central location, pleasant place

Great Beers and menu! - Edit

The Beer menu is just amazing.

Offers affordable lunch menu starting at 12,5€ (starter, main dish and desert). 14,5€ with an artisanal Catalan Beer.

Great originality and tapas menu too for evenings!

Pros: Beers, Variety, Affordable Menu

Cheap and lovely terrasse - Edit

Pastries are lovely!

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-31

Pros: beer, pastries

Pretty good food - Edit

We came for lunch and got a set menu the best things were the polenta cakes and tofu balls as starters and the dish of the day - ravioli was delicious. Wouldn't recommend the veggie burgers at all though, at least the BBQ flavour anyways. The dishes were on the small side but were enough to fill me up by the end. The service was a bit slow as we came at a busy time. The restaurant is in a nice location and easy to find. Overall the food was yummy and quite diverse, for dessert I highly recommend the brownie or apple cinnamon cake.

Pros: Everything was vegan , Interesting menu, good value for money

Cons: slow service

no 1 - Edit

excellent burgers and very good selection of artisan beers.
location is great and atmosphere excellent.

Good local beer, ok food! m - Edit

We had the tapas which had quite a few very nice dishes. Especially the mushroom crocettes and the potato omelette. The salad of the day was disappointing- a veg "salami" topped with fried onion and too much salt. Only a few salad leaves and tomatoes. Good local beer and friendly staff. Please note that is was closed Saturdays and Sundays. (At least when we tried in the evening.)

Excellent food at any time! - Edit

We went to Girona for 1 day and ended up eating all three meals in B12! For breakfast they do really good, flaky croissants - I would definitely recommend them. You can also have a hot chocolate for the full European breakfast experience.

At lunch we had the set menu for €12.50. For starters, the stuffed mushrooms were excellent. My partner had a burger for his main, and while the seitan and olive patty was tasty, it was quite a sad little plate without a bread bun. The dish of the day was much more filling: a kind of creamy, cheesy sauce with potato, cabbage and sausage. The chocolate brownie was nice but a little dry, and the yoghurt cake was good.

We went back again for tapas in the evening, and it was really exceptional. The mushroom croquettes were wonderfully flavoursome, and the tortilla was divine.
The service was good, and the food was outstanding!

Pros: Excellent food and flavours

Cheap, dynamic and delicious ! - Edit

Great place, great and diversified food, great service, great prices.
This place is amazing, you have to go there.

Pros: Various tapas, low prices, nice and alive place

High expectations - Edit

After reading such wonderful reviews on happy cow, we left b12 feeling rather underwhelmed today. The three courses plus a drink for €12.50 is undoubtedly great value for money. However, the vege burgers came just as patties with wet lettuce and tomato - no bun?! Mine tasted flavoursome but Laurie's 'bbq' burger tasted like a cheap dirty hamburger. Perhaps some people want their burger to taste like meat but fake meat is exactly the opposite of what we would desire from a vegan restaurant. The waitress was pleasant but not exactly friendly, and not overly helpful. The double chocolate brownie was more like a dry sponge cake.
The starters: spinach and artichoke pate and dill potates were both delicious!!
I hope we were unfortunate with our selection from the menu, I'm sure the restaurant is capable of offering a lot more.

Pros: Good value , Lovely setting , Big selection of beer

Cons: Deconstructed burger, Small portions, Low carbs

Perfect location, many local beers - Edit

A very good vegan restaurant with an amazing offer of local beers. Food is quite ok and the location couldn't be better. Personally, I love the music and the stickers. Oi!

Pros: Location and beers

marvelous - Edit

I have been in many vegan places and i think from now on this will be my favourite one; very good and tasty food, many local artesanal beers, good music and wonderfull desserts. In addition the food is eco, the price is normal and it is really well located as it is in the city centre
It was a very good surprise

Destination Girona: Vegan Bliss - Edit

We first ate at B*12 in 2010, and have made a visit there every year during our vacation in their new location. This vegan restaurant has incredibly delicious food; we live in NYC and count it among the Top 10 vegan restaurants we have ever frequented. The menu has delicious options for Apps, Mains and Desserts. Highly recommend the tofu-sesame balls, veggie burgers (lots of choices) and anything with seitan. Definitely check out the special of the day and the delicious desserts (the carrot cake with chocolate chips is phenomenal). Though my husband and I do not drink, they have an extensive selection of Catalan craft beers. The staff is incredibly friendly (including to children), menus are available in English and the restaurant is open 5 days during the week all day. Highly, highly recommend to vegans/vegetarians around the world.

Pros: Delicious Menu, Friendly Staff, Excellent central location

Great vegan place - Edit

Super happy to have found a place with good vegan food around Costa Brava. Their vegan cheeses and cream taste amazingly real. Friendly English speaking staff. I defenitely recommend the tappas.

Pros: All vegan and great food

Cons: interior inside is not very nice, but terrace is f

Amazing place - Edit

Fantastic place to get your vegan eats.

We received a really friendly welcome despite our very limited Spanish. All the staff spoke really good English and the food and coffee were awesome.

Pros: 100% vegan, Friendly, English Spoken

good location, good beer and food - Edit

A nice well located place for tapas or meal accompanied by specialty beer. If anything then the main dishes could be a bit bigger, i.e. burgers could be completed with some vegetables or salat.

Pros: location, friendly staff

Cons: main dishes could be a bit bigger

Return to Girona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has B12 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.