Contact 972013202

Plaça del vi 11, Girona, Spain, 17004

B12 is an organic vegan restaurant that also specialises in Catalan craft beers, 3 on tap, 50+ on our beer menu and some guest beers from other international craft brewers. Cuisine is mediterranean style with takes on Catalan traditional food that offers breakfasts, menu del dia, tapes, dinners. Outside tables look over the Placa. Previously located on Carrer Rutlla. Open Mon-Wed 10:00am-10:00pm, Thu-Fri 10:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Beer/Wine, Spanish

First Review by niallmc

Great Beers and menu! - Edit

The Beer menu is just amazing.

Offers affordable lunch menu starting at 12,5€ (starter, main dish and desert). 14,5€ with an artisanal Catalan Beer.

Great originality and tapas menu too for evenings!

Pros: Beers, Variety, Affordable Menu

Pretty good food - Edit

We came for lunch and got a set menu the best things were the polenta cakes and tofu balls as starters and the dish of the day - ravioli was delicious. Wouldn't recommend the veggie burgers at all though, at least the BBQ flavour anyways. The dishes were on the small side but were enough to fill me up by the end. The service was a bit slow as we came at a busy time. The restaurant is in a nice location and easy to find. Overall the food was yummy and quite diverse, for dessert I highly recommend the brownie or apple cinnamon cake.

Pros: Everything was vegan , Interesting menu, good value for money

Cons: slow service

Good local beer, ok food! m - Edit

We had the tapas which had quite a few very nice dishes. Especially the mushroom crocettes and the potato omelette. The salad of the day was disappointing- a veg "salami" topped with fried onion and too much salt. Only a few salad leaves and tomatoes. Good local beer and friendly staff. Please note that is was closed Saturdays and Sundays. (At least when we tried in the evening.)

Excellent food at any time! - Edit

We went to Girona for 1 day and ended up eating all three meals in B12! For breakfast they do really good, flaky croissants - I would definitely recommend them. You can also have a hot chocolate for the full European breakfast experience.

At lunch we had the set menu for €12.50. For starters, the stuffed mushrooms were excellent. My partner had a burger for his main, and while the seitan and olive patty was tasty, it was quite a sad little plate without a bread bun. The dish of the day was much more filling: a kind of creamy, cheesy sauce with potato, cabbage and sausage. The chocolate brownie was nice but a little dry, and the yoghurt cake was good.

We went back again for tapas in the evening, and it was really exceptional. The mushroom croquettes were wonderfully flavoursome, and the tortilla was divine.
The service was good, and the food was outstanding!

Pros: Excellent food and flavours

Cheap, dynamic and delicious ! - Edit

Great place, great and diversified food, great service, great prices.
This place is amazing, you have to go there.

Pros: Various tapas, low prices, nice and alive place

High expectations - Edit

After reading such wonderful reviews on happy cow, we left b12 feeling rather underwhelmed today. The three courses plus a drink for €12.50 is undoubtedly great value for money. However, the vege burgers came just as patties with wet lettuce and tomato - no bun?! Mine tasted flavoursome but Laurie's 'bbq' burger tasted like a cheap dirty hamburger. Perhaps some people want their burger to taste like meat but fake meat is exactly the opposite of what we would desire from a vegan restaurant. The waitress was pleasant but not exactly friendly, and not overly helpful. The double chocolate brownie was more like a dry sponge cake.
The starters: spinach and artichoke pate and dill potates were both delicious!!
I hope we were unfortunate with our selection from the menu, I'm sure the restaurant is capable of offering a lot more.

Pros: Good value , Lovely setting , Big selection of beer

Cons: Deconstructed burger, Small portions, Low carbs

We all need B12 - Edit

Whilst the memories are still fresh, I write this after one of the most amazing relaxed dining experiences of my life. After a couple of locally brewed Girona bottled beers to kick of proceedings it was on with the food. To start we had black rice with mushrooms and avocado mayo and tofu and basil balls with chimichurri sauce. These were both scintillating. I do not exaggerate. The mains were a pumpkin quiche with smoked tofu and a baked macaroni cheese with aubergine. Both were exhilarating. This was followed by desert of chocolate and cointreau truffles. At €12.50 including a drink the 3 course menu is beyond belief amazing value. B12 is essentially a pub serving a massive range of local and Catalan craft beers by the bottle and on draft. Their amazing secret is the food. This is the kind of place that I dream of. Sorry to sound wet. I don't buy into posh extravagant places where the staff look down on you if you don't wear the right clothes. B12 is set in the beautiful old town of Girona amongst inspiring stone arches. I have been truly inspired here and it will go straight into my Happy Cow top 10. And now it's time to log off and explore some more of Girona.

Pros: amazing food, fantastic value, perfect setting

Perfect location, many local beers - Edit

A very good vegan restaurant with an amazing offer of local beers. Food is quite ok and the location couldn't be better. Personally, I love the music and the stickers. Oi!

Pros: Location and beers

marvelous - Edit

I have been in many vegan places and i think from now on this will be my favourite one; very good and tasty food, many local artesanal beers, good music and wonderfull desserts. In addition the food is eco, the price is normal and it is really well located as it is in the city centre
It was a very good surprise

Destination Girona: Vegan Bliss - Edit

We first ate at B*12 in 2010, and have made a visit there every year during our vacation in their new location. This vegan restaurant has incredibly delicious food; we live in NYC and count it among the Top 10 vegan restaurants we have ever frequented. The menu has delicious options for Apps, Mains and Desserts. Highly recommend the tofu-sesame balls, veggie burgers (lots of choices) and anything with seitan. Definitely check out the special of the day and the delicious desserts (the carrot cake with chocolate chips is phenomenal). Though my husband and I do not drink, they have an extensive selection of Catalan craft beers. The staff is incredibly friendly (including to children), menus are available in English and the restaurant is open 5 days during the week all day. Highly, highly recommend to vegans/vegetarians around the world.

Pros: Delicious Menu, Friendly Staff, Excellent central location

Great vegan place - Edit

Super happy to have found a place with good vegan food around Costa Brava. Their vegan cheeses and cream taste amazingly real. Friendly English speaking staff. I defenitely recommend the tappas.

Pros: All vegan and great food

Cons: interior inside is not very nice, but terrace is f

Amazing place - Edit

Fantastic place to get your vegan eats.

We received a really friendly welcome despite our very limited Spanish. All the staff spoke really good English and the food and coffee were awesome.

Pros: 100% vegan, Friendly, English Spoken

good location, good beer and food - Edit

A nice well located place for tapas or meal accompanied by specialty beer. If anything then the main dishes could be a bit bigger, i.e. burgers could be completed with some vegetables or salat.

Pros: location, friendly staff

Cons: main dishes could be a bit bigger

Fine location, bad food - Edit

We had a meal and a (indeed great) beer under the outside arcade. The enthousiam of the waiters was not matched bij neither the quality nor the quantity of food: uninspired and not very tasty food, several items on the already lrather limited menu were unavailable and the size of the veggieburger allowed it to hide under a slice of tomato! Particularly amazing was the fact that the restaurant ran out of bread - in Spain, can you imagen!?

Pros: Location, Selection of beers, Enthousiatic waiters

Cons: Quality of food, Limited options of menu

Super location - Edit

We were pleasantly surprised to find a vegetarian (even vegan) restaurant on such an A location: at the foot of the street towards the cathedral. Many veg restaurants have to hide in lesser location. So in the sun, on the square we had an excellent menu del dia. Good choice, good portions, good taste.

Contributions +40

Best Meal in Spain - Edit

We were staying on Costa Brava, and made the one-hour drive to Girona because B-12 had received such great reviews. It was well worth the trip, and by far the best meal we had in Spain. Great selection of craft beer and organic wine, mostly from Catalonia, and the food is out of this world. It's tapas style, with small plates including spinach cakes, tofu quiche, pumpkin/chickpea/sesame croquettes, artichoke croquettes, peppers stuffed with cream cheese, and lots more. The tapas menu is in English, but there were a lot of specials that were not included in the menu. Also great desserts and after dinner drinks. They have outdoor patio seating, and a large indoor dining area. Highly recommended!

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly staff, Great atmosphere

Catalonia veganised - Edit

Great place - lots of traditional Catalan dishes veganised! The menú del dia at lunch time was good value and interesting. Tapas at night was a bit more pricey, but worth it for the delicious and highly original vegan creations. Their motto is, 'The revolution begins in the kitchen!'

Pros: Catalonian specialities, Great desserts, Terraza

Great beer, mediocre food - Edit

We were really excited about trying this place out after all the great reviews, but were highly disappointed with the food.
The beer selection WAS amazing, and we had a great time trying out several beers! So, if nothing else, come here for the beer!! fantastic!!
The food, however, was very small and extremely bland. I greatly appreciate the beautiful presentation of the food, but it just didn't make up for what it lacked in taste.
We left hungry and not satisfied with what we ate.
In my opinion, if you are traveling and want to eat ONLY vegan and want to be 100% sure about it, this is probably the place for you. But if you're like me and care also about the taste, I recommend buying a pizza with no cheese somewhere else.

Pros: 100% vegan, great beer!, kind owners

Cons: bland, little pricey, not downtown

VEGAN PARADISE a must-go if you are vegan - Edit

I absolutely loooooooove this place!

Do not expect a restaurant setting, but more of a catalan style bar where you can have a croissant with a coffe in the morning, some resonably light lunch in the afternoon, and a beguette with a wide variety of deli and juices&drinks in the afternoon... oh yes and desserts to die for. If you are looking for a place to try veganised versions of authentic catalan foods, this is your place.

My only criticism would be that the food isn't obviously "home-made" (most of it) and they heavely rely on fake meats instead of being more imaginative in their creations.

Owner speaks both Catalan and English which is great! All in all, a fantastic place to eat, relax and get a taste of catalonia cruelty free.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great Value, Very quiet

Just the tonic! - Edit

We visited B12 in March 2010 and loved it! I can't remember exactly what we had but I do remember that it was delicious. We also had a dessert each, both of which were great too. They also had non-corporate soft drinks which was nice, and a range of vegan snacks to take away for later.

The decor is very nice, and the owners were really friendly and speak English too. There's free wi-fi too, which came in handy. We spent quite some time in there just enjoying the place!

If you're anywhere near Girona, it's worth the trip for a full meal or a quick snack. It's a real gem of a place.

Pros: Good range of food and drink, Friendly staff and pleasant surroundings, Free wi-fi

Great experience - Edit

We (me and mt ife and son) were in girona for 2 days and found this place on happycow, so thanx hc!
Great (all vegan) food and drinks, magazines on site, anticorporation mood, and unbelievably low prices. Try the altercola and/or the catalan biers absolutely.
Everything we ate was perfect.
Next time in Girona we'll eat here again definitely.
Five stars and more

Pros: Great choice, Fine food and drinks, Lowest prices ever

Cons: Not at all

A+ - Edit

This place was amazing! Definitely a highlight of our trip. It was so cool to be able to come here and choose anything from the menu, because it's all vegan! We tried the chorizo and blue cheese tapas, and came back next day for lunch. I had an amazing seitan steak on a vegetable puree. The cheesecake and the ice cream were to die for. Best of all, they have a big selection of delicious locally brewed beers. The price was very reasonable, and the guy who served us was really friendly and helpful. I hope I can come back to gorgeous Girona and eat here again...

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere

Cons: none!

vegan delights! - Edit

this place is a true catalunian gem- in all the veggie/vegan restaurants i'v ever been to i have never found such a decadent array of vegan desserts! in a quiet sunny street with tables outside... they sell some of those very special ice creams (cornetto and magnum style ices for eg) and wonderful home made cakes (choc cheesecake!!)..(choc cointreau truffles & ice cream!!!). The savouries are also really good and surprisingly affordable. I had to come in here almost every day of my stay in girona it was that good, and tried some of the vegan tapas like pimiento stuffed with vegan cream cheese, fake chorizo, houmous & olives, vegan spanish omelette was a real treat! they do a variety of homemade burgers served in pitta bread with quinoa side which is different, healthy and tasty. great salads. my favourite thing was the butternut squash flan which was literally melt in the mouth gorgeous. the owners are really friendly too and have ethical literature and local political news handy by the bar. which serves local organic wines, lagers and bottled ales and ciders aswell by the way. you can even find westons organic here! what more could you ask for.....

Amazing!!! - Edit

Arguably the best vegan meal I ate in Europe. Spanish/Catalon cuisine plus other stuff. My only regret is not getting chocolate vegan croissants to go for the morning. Owner is super nice and is very willing to translate menu. Also, has a partial menu in English. Great location, walkable from Girona Cathedral. If you are a vegetarian in Girona you must go here!!!

Pros: delicious, friendly, location

Cheap food in cafe bar - Edit

A small cafe, 20 minutes away from the historic centre, but easy to find with the standard tourist office map. OK interior, a few seats on the street outside, but it's not really an eating outside sort of place. More a cafe-bar with food. Friendly waitress.

All veggie menu. I had a veggieburger in pitta bread. OK. Cheap: with a fresh orange juice came to less than €6.

Bliss - Edit

We walked the 15 minute walk from girona's gothic quarter to this and it was probably the wrong thing to do. you'd be well advisd to take the number 1 bus, especiall in the Spanis sun. However when we arrived we were totally blown away by this vegan restaurant. Admitedly we had spnt the prvious week around the beautiful area of Pals and Pallafrugel, however their beauty was not matched by its vegetarian fare. B12 seemed like a vegan mirage in a land populated by carnivores.
Theextensive egan menu appealed to all 5 of us (hard to do with three fussy children). Many tapas entries meant we could pick from a large selection. We were delighted to be sitting in such a great place. After a large meal, complete with desert, takeaway cake and ice creem we left B12 wishing it wasn't 80km from our base fr the holiday AND a 2.5 hour flight from home.
Go there if you can

Pros: extensive menu, all vegan, fiendly staff, could converse in english

Return to Girona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has B12 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4955 times since Nov 2008.