Azul Cafe

Contact 94215959

346 Bridge Rd, Richmond, Victoria,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mostly organic cafe with vegetarian and vegan options marked on the menu. Mon-Fri 6:00am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 7:00am-4:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Non-veg

First Review by ranaganter

Pleasant cafe, limited but decent vegan choices - Edit

I went to this cafe frequently when I was working in the area a couple of years ago. They have large fair trade soy coffees which is always a draw card for me and I developed a good relationship with the staff. Anyway, I was back here recently on a weekend with a friend for brunch (although I'm not sure it's called this at 2pm). While I had always enjoyed coming here for coffee, the two vegan dishes they served her - the vege burger and the scrambled tofu - had always disappointed me a bit, but I figured it had been a while and I'd give one a try. It ended up being the vege burger and it was worth the calculated risk. I'm not sure if they had changed it, or somehow my tastes had changed or whatever, but I found it delicious and appropriately lunchy (bready, not too spicy, with salady components). I hadn't even been that hungry and this decent-sized burger might have been too much, but it was good enough that I finished it no problem and downed two large soy flat whites to bookend it. Nice to be back here and, although I will probably only come here if I happen to be in the neighbourhood, it's nice to know it's there.

Pros: Fair trade coffee, Friendly staff, Good vegan burger

Cons: Limited vegan choices

Enjoyable cafe experience - Edit

Really enjoyed my lunch visit to Azul. Went there with a non-veg friend, and we both had plenty of options on the menu.

The service was awesome, the vibe was cool and coffee was great! Burger was delicious. Also they were only to happy to accommodate a pram. Had vegan dessert, a healthy-ish chocolate seed slice.

On busy Bridge Road, it's a definite destination.

Pros: Great food, Excellent coffee, Bridge Road

Great vegan burgers! - Edit

We visited for Sunday lunch, choosing the vegan veggie burger from the menu (They have vegan options available, but only one or two for each meal). The outdoor garden was busy, but the staff told us straight away that there would be a wait for our food. We enjoyed the ambience in the cafe during the 30 mins before our burgers arrived - and they were worth the wait! Perfect size, tasty and home-made burgers full of good stuff :) Definitely recommended!

Pros: Great service, Yummy, fresh food, Nice ambience, especially in the garden

Cons: Not many vegan options

Return to Richmond Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Azul Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1529 times since Dec 2010.