Away Chiang Mai Thapae Resort

• Hotel B&B

9 Soi 1 Kotchasarn Rd, Chang Klan, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 50100

Resort nestled in the heart of ChiangMai's old city, tucked in a quiet lane. Features deluxe, suite, and family suite rooms; a swimming pool; and a vegetarian restaurant, Moreganic Restaurant.

First Review by LePetitOiseau

Moreganic Restaurant attached to hotel - Edit

the restaurant attached to Away Chiang Mai Thapae Resort is the fine dining vegetarian Moreganic Resturant ... please see the resturant review for details

Brand New Vegan Oasis - Edit

After searching for hotels at the last minute, I narrowed it down to two choices: this and another hotel nearby. I came down to whether I book a place I was more familiar with or support the vegan/veg movement. I'm so happy I decided to support the movement! Away Chiang Mai is advertised as a vegetarian resort, but I find that most if not all options are vegan. There is also Green Tiger, which does the same so as not to put off potential regular guest bookings, and as much as I love Green Tiger, Away Chiang Mai is a step up.

The property is lovely... From the first moment you are greeted by the friendly staff who offers their welcome drink (butterfly pea powder tea) and scented towel to freshen up to the beautiful colonial style decor and soothing blue tile theme in the room, everything is well thought out and gorgeous.

The manager on duty the night I arrived had already upgraded my stay to a pool view room. She was extremely kind, but when I learned the room came with a shower only, I asked to be switched back to the room I booked which came with a large bathtub. I had just come in from three weeks of volunteer work and had been looking forward to a good soak. Lol. No regrets. The toiletries are jasmine scented, so the whole experience was perfect.

Rooms come with stocked minibar fridge and mine had 4 complimentary bottles of water. There is also a kettle plus coffee and tea... handy if you haven't booked the free breakfast included.

I've had dinner at the restaurant two nights in a row, the only customer being served. I hoped this placed starts heavily advertising or gets noticed by word of mouth, because the food is super fresh and delicious. I've had some of the same dishes prepared elsewhere, but the Away chef takes it to next level good! And you can't beat the restaurant staff. These two are awesome!

I've booked a third night!

Pros: It's wonderful to have a vegan resto where you sle

Cons: Location: Since it is so new, many people have not

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Away Chiang Mai Thapae Resort closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.