Avocado Cafe - Chistoprudny

• Vegetarian
Contact 495-6217719

Корпус 4, Chistoprudnyy bulvar, 12-2, Moscow, Russia,

Upscale place located opposite Chistye Prudy pond and near Pokrovka Street. Offers vegetarian, vegan, and raw food. Has Russian and English menu cards. Business lunch 12-5pm. Free Wi-Fi.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, International, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Russian

First Review by zroq12

Bit More of a High-end Place - Edit

In the north-east part of the city. An interesting take on some items. We tried the hummus which doesn't seem to show up in Russian restaurants too often. We also had the burger with fries, eggplant lasagna and some coffee and a kind of frothy cherry drink.

Everything tasted very good and a lot of effort must be put into the dishes. As others have mentioned, the portions are quite small, especially for the prices but we did leave full.

Another thing to note is that the area around the restaurant is beautiful, especially at night. The park and lake are lit up and it's very peaceful and a popular place to mingle for locals. It's worth going for this area as much as the restaurant, itself!

Pros: Location, Good Quality

Cons: Prices, Portion size

My favorite veggie restaurant in Moscow - Edit

I'm a local and this is my favourite place. They have many options and the food is really tasty. But, unfortunately, terribly expensive. And, as it was mentioned below, yes, the portions are not big. Actually, something happens with staff, and there are no so friendly and look tired always. Seldom smile.

Pros: Tasty food, located in the city center

Cons: Prices, Staff

So many options! - Edit

I think I spent a good half hour trying to decide what to eat, there are just so many choices! Everything is colour coded by vegan/vegetarian/raw and in English, making it really easy to order if you don't speak Russian. I can't remember now what I ate when I was here, I think it may have been falafel, but whatever it was, I remember that it was delicious.

Pros: Tasty

Cons: Small portions, Expensive

Great! - Edit

"Avocado" on the Chistoprudni blvd. and Tverskaya st. are my two favorite places in Moscow! The food is amazing and incredibly diverse. Theres choices for you whether you are a strict vegan, vegetarian, or simply looking for a tasty meal. There's even a section in the menu for freefoodists! I also recommend you to try the smoothies, not only the fruit ones, but also with vegetables - those are really good!

Pros: Amazing food, English menu, Friendly personnel

Great Juices - Edit

I was there last summer and wasn't impressed with the food. The gazpacho was blah. But I was happy to find something to eat vegan in Moscow. So kudos for just having something I could eat while traveling.
Juices were great!
Prices are just like Miami, but that's Moscow for you.

A great (upscale) place - Edit

So far I have been to this place only once and I must say, everything was just perfect. Even the weather - so I could sit outside on the veranda which was quite nice. I had a salad with green asparagus, a yummy seitan dish and for dessert vegan "blini" (=traditional Russian pancakes). All this was delicious.

They have plenty of vegan options for all courses. Some are modern vegan adaptions of traditional Russian dishes, like the "Vegetarian Pilaw" (with rice, eggplant, zucchini, sweet pepper, carrot, onions, garlic, "cherry" tomatoes, greens, oil, spices) or "Vareniki" (a sort of sweet ravioli) with cherries. The extensive menu card has its own section for raw food.

Very friendly service as well.

The place is not cheap of course, I paid for the above 3 courses + mineral water + coffee a total of RUB 1,150.- which is about USD 36,- / EUR 27,-. In some European countries this sounds like quite a very reasonable price, but for the average Russian this is quite a lot.

Pros: great food, friendly service, many vegan options

Superb! - Edit

Simply outstanding! There are two "Avocado" places in Moscow that I know of - one on Chistoprudni blvd, and the other nearby Tverskaya st. and I recommend both of them with passion! Amazing quality of food and a usually friendly and cooperative personnel, besides a lovely interior! Definitely on the list of my favourite places in the city.

Pros: Menu in english, Quality of food, Variety of dishes.

Excellent! - Edit

I've visited Avocado (Nikitsky Pereulok location) several times now and have yet to be disappointed. The food is really fantastic; I've not had anything that I wouldn't recommend or order again. The prices are a bit steep, though not unreasonable considering the location. The staff is quite friendly and helpful, and English menus are available. Also, they offer a good, cheap business lunch, something not easily found by vegetarians in Moscow. I would recommend Avocado to anyone, vegetarian or not.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, business lunch

Cons: slow service

Fantastic - Edit

This place is great, I was so surprised to find such nice vegan food in Russia. Vegan options are clearly marked, menu in English and waiters spoke English. The bread stick things are delicious. definitely worth a stop even if it is quite expensive. You won't find better vegan food in moscow

Pros: English spoken and on menu, Vegan options marked, Food is delicious

Cons: Expensive

My favourite Veg place in Moscow - Edit

This restaurant now has at least 2 locations. Which means you can fill up this excellent vegetarian food wherever you are in Moscow.

I find that the staff are usually great and the menu is huge. There's no meat/fish but some vegans etc. may find the menu less accessible. However it does have a very extensive range of foods from risottos to tortillas. I still remember the gaspacho soup they had on the summer menu last year.

The decor is stylish and modern and sometimes they have live music in the one off Tverskaya (last time I was there a Spanish guitarist) which adds to the mood.

Pros: great food, nice staff, music

Cons: not cheap

Avocado Cafe - Edit

NIce upscale restaurant and friendly staff. Very few of the staff speak English, but I managed with the little Russian that I know : ^ ) Very few vegan dishes, I had the soy meat with vegetables and ask for no cream because I didn't think it was vegan, with red berry hot tea.

Pros: Friendly

not really vegan - Edit

this is actually just a normal restaurant , where you also can order salads , buts its for sure not like a vegetarian restaurant. allmoust all the dishes have either cheese , cream, or milk , or eggs .so watch out if you are a vegan. the places itself looks nice clean and cosy and servie seems friendly. for sure i dont need to come back here to have that great choise vegan meals .. also here you gotta be lucky if someone speaks a few words english.

Pros: nice decorated, looks clean place, friendly service

Cons: not so vegan, a lot of diary

Return to Moscow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Avocado Cafe - Chistoprudny closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5422 times since Aug 2007.