Avo

615-329-2377

3000 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, Tennessee, USA, 37209

Plant-based restaurant and bar specializing in raw food, with salads, organic biodynamic wine, cocktails. Uses seasonal ingredients alongside fermented foods, raw tree nut cheeses, essential oils. Plenty of seating. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by Raesock

FLAVOR EXPLOSION - Edit

I ordered the seasonal squash bowl and the soup of the day, which was a creamy Mushroom soup. I was blown away by how flavorful and fresh everything tasted. You won't get bland boring vegan food from this place. 100% will return. Awesome environment and friendly employees as well.

Great food! - Edit

This place is a must try!

amazing - Edit

Three of us ate at Avo tonight and it was amazing! We shared three small plates, a soup, and one large plate, topped off with two desserts. Every single dish was fantastic - and large! We are beyond full but we wanted to try every dish they offered! The service was top-notch too.

Pros: every dish was fantastic, service was top-notch

Cons: none

First go around - Edit

I was looking for food that was savory yet fun. I must say I was extremely pleased with this establishment. Y'all crushed it. I ordered kimchi spring rolls (two nice portions, cut into halves. Making them easy to share) glazed cauliflower steaks (mine included brown rice...my goodness, my goodness) and lastly a salad (yet to be consumed... dinner!!!) I spent 38 bucks. When I tell ya, I was not let down at all though. There is a cozy airy atmosphere to the place, but I ordered to go. ? I'm planning a return to try the avocado cheesecake?!?!

Wonderful! - Edit

I've been twice, once while they served only raw, and then again after the menu change. I've loved it both times. The Cauliflower Steak is amazing!

Pros: Incredible food., Great staff.

Cons: Slightly expensive.

It's All True... - Edit

I heard great things about Avo and they are all true. The food is outstanding and the house made kombucha on draft is a bonus! Everything is fresh and tasty. Vanessa was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions with a passion for the creations that was unsurpassed.

Their commitment to fresh, local and flavorful choices is reflected in the seasonal dishes on the menu.

A definite return trip is in the future! :-)

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-30

Pros: Tasty vegan food, seasonal dishes, knowledgeable staff

Innovative and Delicious! - Edit

A little hard to find but worth the search! The food is great. We had some small plates - avocado toast, roasted garlic potatoes, kale popcorn, a wild salad and shared a cauliflower steak for an entry. all well prepared and perfect spices. Some items had a tad too much salt so you may want to ask to hold back a bit. Great space.

Flavorful, Healthy, Creative - Edit

If I could only recommend one thing from Avo to someone I couldn't...but I would definitely suggest the following: Mushroom Tartare- SO incredibly flavorful, I could eaten this over and over again and never get bored of it, Kimchi Spring Rolls- hard to believe there is no meat in these! They are so flavorful (do you see a trend here?) and the peanut dipping sauce for them is delicious, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with Whipped Avocado- you can never go wrong with potatoes and avocado!

THEY HAVE VEGAN MIXED DRINKS! I had a chocolate drink for dessert with vodka and chocolate sauce it was delicious and dare I say...the vegan chocolate sauce they used was better than the regular stuff!!

I could go on and on about their food and drinks, but I'll just leave it at this. Do yourself a favor and visit Avo, whether you are vegan, vegetarian, or a full on carnivore you will love it! And you definitely will not leave with an empty belly.

Pros: Flavorful Dishes, Location , Vegan Mixed Drinks (YES!!)

Hey Now! - Edit

Just driving thru the area and found this gem. Amazing carrot soup, local salad and brownie. Support these folks- they know what they are doing!!!

Wow! - Edit

Wow! Excellent juices, kimchi spring rolls, raw tacos and... did somebody say raw vegan mango cheesecake?!

Some of the best raw vegan fare I've encountered in my travels. Ridiculously excellent. And with a cool Eco-sustainable vibe. (The bathrooms are in shipping containers - worth checking out even if you don't have to go :))

Must visit. Enjoy!

Entrees so-so but best desert ever - Edit

Honestly thought everything was kinda bland. Pizza taste like cracker and cream cheese, lasagna just taste like cashew cheese and zucchini, the falafel was pretty good but nothing to write home about, I was about ready to give up but then we ordered an avacado cheesecake and when I took my first bite, I understood why this place was so popular. If you go, go for the desert

Pros: Desert is amazing, Cool location, Good sized portions for being raw

Cons: Bland entrees, Pricey

Raw heaven - Edit

This is the hippest spot in town for veg*ns and veg*n friends. I loved it.

The menu was not as extensive as it could have been in a traditional veg restaurant, but I did not find this to be any problem. Actually, it was better for my wallet so that I didn't spend $500 to order one of everything.

They have wonderful raw cheesecake like desserts, which are $10 a slice, but the slices are very dense and certainly count for 2 servings of raw dessert. Ever have raw vegan dessert before? Then you know what it's made out of, and it's ok to not have too much in one sitting. Their slices spoil!

Their salads are beautiful creations of local ingredients that just make me happy to eat a salad. That's pretty rare - I am happy to not eat crap, but to be happy at the sight of a salad, and the flavors, that's rare. This place makes salads that put others to shame. Beautiful and delicious - go for the special of the day for the freshest local ingredients. The standards are good, like Caesar, but, eh, the special is special for a reason! Salads on the menu can be the small appetizer or large entree portion. Even the small size is plentiful.

The appetizers and entrees are also very satisfying. Again, check the specials board. You'll be very happy you did. Standards like lasagna (best ever!), pad thai, rice paper rolls and specials like tacos, oh joy! Really, joy!

This place is incredible. I loved it and would be back in a heartbeat.

Pros: Vegan, Raw, Desserts

Cons: Too many great choices, Too far from where I live

Absolutely must try! - Edit

So awesome to have vegan restaurants nearby! Great food! Tons of options! Friendly staff!

OMG! - Edit

What an incredible place! I've sampled a ton of vegan restaurants and this one is at the top of my list of all time favorites! No matter what you select from the menu you will not be disappointed. Oh - the deserts are to die for! The staff are so friendly and helpful. If you're new to raw food - the staff is knowledgeable and extremely helpful! No question goes unanswered!

Delightful Dining Experience - Edit

My sister took me to Avo just before the holidays for a sisters' lunch. Neither of us had been there before. The atmosphere was light, airy, healthful, and welcoming. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable. She made great recommendations. The food was fantastic, beautifully presented and reasonably-priced for the quality. Between our entrees, juice, and raw cheesecake, we were definitely satisfied. It was heartening to see such a mix of people dining the day we were there--people from all backgrounds and walks of life. I can't wait to visit Nashville again so that we can go back.

Pros: Nice vibe, Reasonably-priced for quality of food, Food beautifully presented

Cons: Juice wasn't made on site, Hard to find location

One of the very best raw vegan I've had!!! - Edit

The space is super modern, clean, and inviting. They have a nice bar setup too. The food is phenomenal, all raw, all vegan. My first time here took me back again for my second in the same week. The pad Thai is my favorite dish here. The AVOrita and Newtons Folly are both excellent cocktails. The pizza is great, as is the lasagna. I didn't love the falafel. Go go go!!

Pros: all raw vegan, booze/full bar, great space

Cons: service can be a bit slow sometimes

Fine Dining Finally! - Edit

I have been to this place at least 20 times since its' grand opening and have NEVER been disappointed. It's an adventure for the taste buds and incredibly healthy- a guilt free indulgence if you will. Just to name a few of my favorites- #1 Lasagna #2 Pesto #3 Pad Thai (YES!) #4 Falafal Wrap #5 BBQ Slides #5 Margarita ( BEST in Nashville) #6 BBQ Sliders--- ALL of these are SPOT ON! The ambiance is modern yet comfortable- the chefs/waiters/bartenders are all awesome and super down to earth. It doesn't feel upity, but you still have that 5 Star Food and Service experience

Pros: Top Quality Food, Beautiful Plating, Modern/Comfortable ambiance

Cons: If you have allergies to nuts -NO GO

OMG - Edit

Such great food! I had the zucchini lasagna. I was expecting rich, but the intense flavor had me singing. Positively the most delicious version of lasagna I've ever had! Quite filling, totally satisfying. I choose the Thai almond dressing for the side salad that comes with it. I could drink a bowl of that stuff... So, next time, I'm going to try the pad Thai, that is dressed with the same glorious concoction. I got the raw brownie for dessert. My friend got the key lime cheesecake. I enjoyed them both, though I have to say the cheesecake won. How do they get it so fluffy? I was truly amazed in all regards. Nice atmosphere, nice ambiance, knowledgable and very friendly staff. Love it to pieces!

Pros: Gluten-free, well-versed staff, satisfying, generous portions

Return to Nashville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Avo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.