First Review by xHenrix

Tiny, tiny little place; not much to offer - Edit

I was intrigued by the great reviews for this place, but was thoroughly disappointed. Firstly, there is no store at all even if it is listed as such. It is a tiny little restaurant with about 6 tables, and a food counter where are displayed mostly deserts and some prepared salads and savoury things. There are a handful of health-food store like things to buy, but it is not really even worth mentioning. Really, it's a place where people go for lunch. And the main course of the lunch was seitan with potatoes, accompanied by a few little salad or vegetables dishes. If you prefer raw, or if you don't eat gluten, or if you don't eat carbs, there's really nothing there for you. The owner is very proud of his little place, which seems to be popular among the late middle agers discovering vegetarian cooking. But, I would say if you're not in that category, don't bother going.

Pros: Cute place, cozy atmosphere

Cons: High carb, Mostly cooked, 90's style vegetarian

Great lunch but FISH SOLD at the premises - Edit

This is a very friendly place, the chef always surprises me with some amazing vegan food for lunch. Somewhat pricey, but it is worth it. Tempeh is one of the things that they make fantastically. Cakes are great too, though the selection is limited. I would not call this cafe vegan though: they sell fish and dairy products. (The lunch menu is vegan). Vegan/macrobiotic cooking courses are held regularly. The staff is lovely and smiley.

Pros: Friendly staff, Fantastic vegan food at lunch time, Great selection of health foods

Cons: Sells FISH! and dairy products, Only open from Tue-Fri until 19:00

Very kind owners and great food. I love it. - Edit

This is a very small place to eat. Make sure to reserve because they have 2 or 3 small table only. You can also order foor for a party (I use them for my mariage, it was just great and unforgetable). I really like this place and I recommand you to visit them or to order them you next bday cake. They do so tasty yummy wonderful cake (vegan).

Pros: Healthy food, Excellent food, Can organize big buffet in your place

Cons: Small

Fantastic! - Edit

Just finished dinner and am sitting in my hotel blissfully full, I had the little lentil bites, a cup of soup and an apple tart and everything was really tasty and tasted perfectly home made! My french is bad as well and the lady behind the counter was really helpful showing me what things as a Vegan I could eat - would definitely go back!

Pros: Great service, Great variety, Great food

Cons: tricky to find

Great little shop--good food! - Edit

First of all, don't be fooled when you try to find this place and begin thinking to yourself, "This is a very odd place for a restaurant. It can't be here." It is there! (It is near the Ukrainian embassy.)

We ordered a large vegan, home-cooked platter for two of us for lunch--and it was enough. Very filling, very delicious. We also had a piece of cake and a tart for dessert and they were brilliant. I assume the produce is local as the food was very seasonal. My only negative comment would be that it was too salty.

I should also note that while all food that is home-made is vegan, not everything in the store is vegan--so beware! (It is all vegetarian, however.)

Great choice overall for veggies in Geneva!

Pros: Good food, Helpful staff, Healthy

Cons: Pricey--like everything in Geneva, Salty, Small

Return to Geneva Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aux Deux Portes closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2467 times since Nov 2009.