First Review by Vittoria

Great options. - Edit

I re-visited here the other day and was very pleased again with what I had, I missed lunch but they had no problem re-heating up the leftovers they had packaged in the display case. I also had an amzing piece of choc. cake. Super friendly, and doesn't break the bank.

Pros: Many options, Enough English to comunicate for us Ex-pat's, small grocery section as well.

Cons: No Bathroom

Delicious food in a cosy setting - Edit

I went to aux deux portes café for lunch and had their plat du jour. The food was delicious!! The lady was also very friendly and let us try her vegan cheese when we asked her. Will go back any day :). The plat du jour is 24fr which could be a bit pricey if your traveling but it is Geneva...

Pros: Delicious food, friendly staff, Good portions

Cons: A bit pricey

Vegan shelter in Geneva - Edit

I had dinner at the Aux Deux Portes Cafe on Tuesday last week. I went there with a non-vegetarian friend and we were both satisfied at the end. I had a quinoa salad and beetrot & carrot as a side, plus a delicious slice of tofu and berries cake (and a glass of water).

Prices were ok, being this place in Geneva: 10 CHF the main dish, 5 CHF the side, and 5,50 CHF the cake. Portions are by no means big, but the food was nice and spicy.

The lady was kind, but she didn't speak English. I had to use my terrible French and in the end it worked out fine (a customer actually offered to translate for me, but the lady said: "let him try with French"... :--).

I give this place 5 happy cows: it's so hard to find vegan stuff in Geneva (and Lausanne is the same), that it was a real pleasure eating there!

Pros: Good food, Cozy

Cons: You need to speak French a bit

Excellent! - Edit

A local friend invited me to Aux Deux Portes Café when i was passing through Geneva and i am so happy to know this place exists!

Fresh juices, snacks, meals, and desserts (including some great gluten-free options), all wonderful. Good music, good vibes. There's a good selection of vegan and organic products in the shop.

The proprietor was very warm, kind, and accommodating, and speaks English (as well as French of course), so travelers are sure to feel comfortable here.

I will certainly visit again next time i'm in Geneva.

Pros: Great vegan selection, yummy desserts, very warm and friendly

Great vegan food and a nice atmosphere - Edit

A very nice and small restaurant situated inside a vegan grocery store. We ordered the daily menu and everything was very good with an exceptional Azuki pie. We also had a very refreshing piece of vegan cake, made with fruits and a nut cream. The staff is really friendly and we had a great time.

Pros: excellent food, good value, nice vibe

Nice vegan cafe - Edit

The food is very delicious and completely vegan. Everything I ate was homemade and very tasty: soup, veggy-pie and tofu-cheesecake! Nice visitors and staff, not pretentious and friendly. Inexpensive.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday January 29, 2014

Pros: Tasty, Homemade, Inexpencive

Really good food - Edit

The food is really good, light and healthy. All I tried was excellent and the ingredients combinations were surprising. The staff is nice and the place is very welcoming.

I enjoyed Aux deux portes a lot and I will certainly go back.

The only con is that it is only open from Tuesday to Friday for lunch.

Pros: Very good food, Nice staff

Cons: Not opened on week-ends

Return to Geneva Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aux Deux Portes Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8004 times since Dec 2012.