Aurelie's Health and Lifestyle Cafe

Contact 0105968900

Maxwell Drive, Gauteng (at R55, Waterfall Country Estate), Johannesburg, South Africa, 1685

Vegetarian cafe with a Mediterranean vibe. Offers dishes with tofu, non-dairy cheese, falafel, veggie sausages, and burger patties. Drinks include coffee, veggie juices, and superfood smoothies. Has gluten free baked goods. A retail sells home accessories, health supplements, kitchen consumables, children's lunch boxes, and more. Venue hire is possible. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-5:00pm, Sat 8:00am-3:00pm. Kitchen closes 30 minutes before closing time.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out, European

First Review by Wolfmoon

Hidden pearl - Edit

It is such a pity that this place is not very well-known. It isn't situated in a very central area, therefore not many people know about it. Yet, it's a beautiful pearl hidden in the middle of the sea. A very nice, quiet area where you can relax while you enjoy your meal and your drink. Food is quite good and even though the place is vegetarian, nearly all dishes have a vegan equivalent. Unfortunately some vegan versions require a little extra pay, which in my opinion, is the only downside of the place. I opted for the Eastern Soul burger, made from chickpeas. There was a moment of distraction and the waitress brought it to me with two halloumi cheese strips which the manager immediately asked to be replaced by grilled smoked tofu when he got to know that I was a vegan. The burger was good, just a bit too hot for my taste (I'm not much into hot foods, any mild it too hot for me lol)so the manager, Bongani, made it up by offering me a delicious on the house non-dairy vanilla ice-cream. Very friendly staff, especially Bongani who kept on doing his best to assist and was very patient to answer my questions and kind enough to allow me to take some photos even of his staff. Pity it closes so early but as per Bongani, the number of customers is not enough yet to justify being open until later. A place to visit again and again and I am sure I will be back in the near future.
Updated from previous review on Saturday March 05, 2016

Pros: Good food, Nice atmosphere, Very friendly staff

Cons: Short times, Hard to find, Extra charges for vegan substitutes

Return to Johannesburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aurelie's Health and Lifestyle Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1562 times since Feb 2014.