First Review by beancurdled

guilty pleasure? - Edit

I can't help but feel a bit sheepish about shopping here. I don't like to support the chains of wholefoods stores that pop up like weeds, putting small, local enterprises out of business. However, there are some delicious vegan treats Aunt Maggie stocks that I haven't seen anywhere else so I keep finding myself going back. Semi-regularly. GASP!

I love the creamy, dreamy, frozen cashew yoghurt that comes in choc coffee (best), wildberry, and original flavours. Then there's the raw, vegan, salted caramel slice that I've become hooked on! Daaamn! Plus, they stock Coyo at the cheapest price I've seen - 8 bucks something compared to 11.

So I'll stick by the little guys and the co-ops when it comes to staples and probably keep popping in here now and then for treats and special ingredients.

N.B. MIX Oriental Supermarket next door at Barkly Square has a pretty great selection of mock meat - dried, frozen, and canned.

Pros: good selection, competitive prices

Cons: chain

Return to Brunswick Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Aunt Maggies - Brunswick closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1364 times since Apr 2014.