Aubergine and Company

801-224-7484

1365 S State St, Orem, Utah, USA

Serves meat, vegan options available. A trendy place offering natural food of salads, sandwiches, soups, acai bowls, juices, smoothies, and desserts. Marks which items are vegan suitable. Open Mon-Thu 7:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 7:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Mediterranean, Salad bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Heather Kaye

Great Mediterranean salads - Edit

This is often my go to place for lunch if I'm eating out. Whole food, plant-based options are limited, but I love the Mediterranean salad with falafel. You can choose as many ingredients for the salad as you wish (I love that!). I try to choose the salad ingredients with low oil but most of them seem to have some. I always choose the salsa dressing as it is the only one without oil. It is a generous size salad for about $10.

They also have chopped salads, but I've never tried those. They look great. There are several vegan soups, but they all contain oil. The whole wheat pita bread is pretty good also. Check out their menu on-line. There are lots of vegan options, though many are high fat.
Updated from previous review on Friday October 30, 2015

Pros: Tasty, Inexpensive, Many vegan options

Cons: Limited WFPB options, Often crowded, They call meat "protein"

Mediterranean Madness - Edit

I heard great things about Aubergine from a coworker so I finally had to try it. Kinda confusing set up where to stand in line but it's separated sandwich side and the other side is salad and smoothies. I wanted a falafel sandwich with hummus (I tried the baba ganoush it was delish too) tahini sauce on top. They stuff the pita with 6 other sides but I thought it looked plenty full with just 3 aubergine salad, tabouli, and red cabbage. I also got a side of sweet potatoes and salsa. The pita sandwich wasn't too bad, but I thought the falafel was dry. The hummus, tahini sauce, aubergine salad, and red cabbage were all really great, so was the sweet potato bites. I'm gunna try again and hopefully the falafel will be better and I'll be trying different fillings. Also I need to try out the different vegan treats they have! Lots of variety for a vegan tho which is excellent!

Mediterranean and Vegan Friendly! - Edit

Staff was super friendly and helpful, they understand dietary restrictions and work with you to craft your perfect meal. I had the Asian salad and it was amazeballs. Great tofu and next time I MUST try the falafel.

One potential pitfall is that they list which dressings are dairy free, but some of those still contain eggs. Just ask though, they'll know what vegan means :)

Hello VEGAN Orem! - Edit

Aubergine and Co. is a very vegan friendly place! We were welcomed by incredibly friendly and helpful staff who explained the menu. There is an extensive range of vegan/vegetarian options, that are both healthy and delicious! I ordered a combo with Mediterranean sandwich (falafel, baba ganoush, lots of salads ) + Veggie Cream soup - both filling and incredibly tasty. I ordered a pink smoothie with my dinner, which given the amount of beets, was certainly not for the faint hearted! I also went back afterwards to try the vegan "healthy hot chocolate" with coconut mylk and coconut cream, which was incredible too! Prices were reasonable, and my husband (non-vegan) also said that everything was good!

Pros: Healthy + delicious vegan food, Extensive VEGAN options, Very friendly staff

Cons: Non-vegan menu

Return to Orem Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aubergine and Company closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.