CLOSED: Au Lac Royal Vegetarian Cuisine

Contact 02-4244-8045

2/166 Keira Street, Wollongong, New South Wales, 2500

Vegan food restaurant serving Asian and Vietnamese cuisine. Has another outlet in Canberra, ACT. JUN 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Open Mon-Sun 5:30pm-10:30pm, Tue-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Take-out, Asian, Catering, Vietnamese

First Review by meljoy77

Great for a date night - Edit

Super nice staff, amazing vegan food! Huge portions I always take some home for left overs, never had a complaint with Au Lac, perfect for a date or special occasion because it's a really nice atmosphere. They also do take away.

Not sure why they're listed as vegan tho as they serve dairy (and I think honey too)

Pros: So many options!, delicious , lovely atmosphere

Cons: pricey , not 100% vegan

Delicious food - Edit

Tasty food, good choices on menu, a little pricey but good value, big meals. Fast service. Only slight criticism is they don't offer brown rice. Highly recommended.

Pros: Variety of foods, Big meals, Good drink range

Cons: A litle pricey but worth it , Don't offer brown rice

Great food and so much to choose from! - Edit

Au Lac is Wollongong is a great place to eat with great customer service. It is NOT a vegan restaurant as they do have a dairy milk option for the ice cream and other milk drinks. I would much prefer if it was a full vegan restaurant. The Laska there is one of my favorites but the paw paw salad is 10/10 AMAZING, and the duck wraps are definitely a must. They have so many different options to choose from, it's actually a bit overwhelming because I am not use to having such a large vegan variety in Wollongong! They have really good dishes but I do find that some of the main meals lack a bit of flavor and are often a bit bland which could be easily fixed by adding more herbs and spices or something. I would definitely recommend eating here and the service just makes it that little bit better

Pros: Huge variety, Great service, Tasty food

Cons: some meals are a bit bland, does serve some dairy products

Fantastic vegan food - Edit

Au Lac make Vietnamese vegetarian food. They have a huge menu with more options than you could ever hope for. I've tried a wide range of things on this menu and they have all been really fresh and delicious. They do a lot of "mock meat" which I love but I know others aren't so keen on, but they also do regular veggie/tofu dishes too. I brought a whole bunch of people from work here for lunch, my workmates are not vegetarian but they loved the mock meat, all of them have since been back to this restaurant for more! The quality and flavour of the food cannot be beaten. I really love this restaurant. They do takeaway too, it's always ready quickly. I recommend the laksa!

Pros: Huge range of choice, Fresh, delicious food, Reasonable price

Return to Wollongong Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Au Lac Royal Vegetarian Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2844 times since Feb 2013.