Au Lac Chay

Contact 0905-443442

28C Hoang Hoa Tham (at between Yersin and Ly Tu Trong Streets), Nha Trang, Vietnam,

Very small shop features a daily buffet, no menu. Selections in mockmeat dishes with a soup for around 15-20000VD. Free green tea. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Buffet, Fast food, Take-out, Buddhist

First Review by terrorfearor

We liked it! - Edit

ok, don't expect a cosy restaurant, it is not much more than street food. But the food was delicious and it looked very clean.
Dishes in Dec 15 were 20 - 25.000 Dong.
No english spoken, but we had the reception of the hotel writing in Vietnamese that we would like a mix of their specialities...made them laugh and we got a wonderful plate!

great place - Edit

Uses less MSG and sugar than some of the other Chay places in Nha Trang. Most dishes are 15000 vnd in December 2014.
Also the mock meats felt more mock, and homemade than meat.

Pros: nice spicy food, cheap

Cons: not so friendly staff, no free ice tea served

Not worth the visit - Edit

This restaurant is virtually a street stall with a few dishes served with rice (about 2 dishes). Not worth the taxi fare.

Cons: Street stall, Limited choice

Clean little place with ok cheap food - Edit

After reading the two bad reviews we were not expecting much of this place. But it was fine. We had rice with veg and a fake meat which was average but palatable. The selection is quite limited but I loved the filled steamed buns/dumplings which were delicious. It is a cheap meal, nothing special but ok. We found the place to be spotlessly clean.
Meals are about 10,000

Pros: Cheap, Quick, Steamed buns

Cons: food is nothing special, limited choice

have to agree - Edit

I found this joint pretty dirty for Vietnam, just no one had swept for a while I think, but its not like you'd contract hep C from a dirty floor. the food was as noted above, cold greasy mock meats, some good tastes, some that tasted like chunks of soy protein had been left on the floor of the fish market. friendly service though and pretty cheap- 10.000VND

Pros: cheap, friendly

Cons: dirty, unhealthy

Give it a miss! - Edit

A tiny place. You don't get a menu you just get a mixture of what has been cooked already as part of the 'buffet'.
There was a little bit of fried 'mock meat', fried tofu, a few veggies, deep fried bits of stale french bread, crispy sweet things of some description and rice. It was all cold and greasy. Not my cup of tea I'm afraid. It was all quite dirty. (I went to one of these pure veg canteens in Dalat and it was so much better)

Pros: cheap

Cons: dirty, Greasy cold food, Dark and dingy

Return to Nha Trang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Au Lac Chay closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.