CLOSED: Au fil des mets

32 Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Montpellier, France, 34000

Most of the dishes are vegan except some desserts. Very fresh and calm atmosphere. Note: Does not use dairy products, only eggs for one desert only. Please confirm before ordering. SHUT DOWN OCT 26, 2013.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Indian, Organic, Thai, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by GreenGarnet

Cute place - Edit

The restaurant atmosphere is pleasant and calm, the food is tasty and fresh. Mostly vegan. Convenient to eat at noon. However, it is best to book if you plan to eat after 2:00 pm.

Pros: tasty and fresh food, friendly staff, mostly vegan

Cons: relatively small portions, not open in the evening

For tofu lovers - Edit

A cute little café whose main advantage is that it is one of very few veg places in town. I have been there about five times in a two year period, and the dish is always the same: a more or less bland curry with small cubes of tofu. It's not actually bad, just boring and a bit expensive for what it is. Also, it promotes itself as "gluten free" which is not really true. A very allergic friend of mine was told by the owner that they don't take gluten contamination into account.

Pros: Cute , Mostly vegan

Cons: Lacks imagination, Expensive

Colourful small restaurant - Edit

When I came here I first asked "Happy Cow" for going out in Montpellier. I was very happy to find the "Au fil des mets".
I went there and it was really really nice. What a lovely colourful restaurant.
Inside are maybe four small tables. The weather was fine, so I decided to sit outside, where maybe four additional seats are. The lady serving the food was pretty friendly. I had a portion of rice with vegetables and some tofu. It was good and cheap.
I recommend this place to everyone who likes to eat Asian food in a colourful surrounding :-) I would go there directly, if I will come back to Montpellier one day.

Pros: good asian food, friendly staff , nice interior

Cons: small (not for groups)

Return to Montpellier Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Au fil des mets closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 363 times since May 2011.