Atlantic Restaurante

Estrada Monumental 179, Funchal, Portugal, 9000-100

Serves meat, vegan options available. Modern regional cuisine with a modern interior and a sea view from terrace. Offers some vegetarian dishes, some of which are vegan or can be made vegan. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Portuguese, Non-veg

First Review by Synsationeel

Not a good choice for gluten free and vegetarian - Edit

No choices for gluten free and vegetarian.

My favorite restaurant on the island! - Edit

During my stay in Madeira, this restaurant was definitely my favorite. I got to visit it twice. In June, there are fireworks every Saturday around 22:30. When enjoying a nice dinner at Atlantic Restaurante, you have a great view at the fireworks!

The first time I had the bruschetta with zucchini for starters, I told them to omit the cheese. It was very tasty, even a little too spicy for my taste because it was dripping from extra vierge olive oil.
The second time, I had deep fried green beans for starters, which turned out not to be completely vegan - my mistake... I had sincerely overseen something... Since I had already ordered it, I figured it would be a waste to let them throw it away, so I enjoyed the hell out of it! It was lovely, a recommendation for any vegetarian.

My main dish, both times, was penne (pasta) with black olives, broccoli, pine nuts and olive oil. Again, very tasty, especially when served with a glass of red wine... I don't think I enjoyed one meal as much as this one during the whole vacation.

And yes, there was actually a vegan option for desert. Orange parts with cinnamon, yummm.

Great restaurant, nice and thoughtful crew and a wonderful location.

Pros: Wonderful vegan/vegetarian dishes, Friendly crew, Great view

Cons: Favorable treatment for wealthy customer

Return to Funchal Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Atlantic Restaurante closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.