Ask Italian

+44-1413327336

3 Port Dundas Place, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 3LD

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual dining Italian restaurant chain. Has separate vegan menu listing appetizers, salad, pasta, top-your-own pizza, sorbet for dessert, and a kids' section. Uses vegan cheese. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:30pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by TrixieFirecracker

Decent restaurant needs more choices - Edit

We ate dinner at this restaurant as it was near our hotel. Other than the pizza, there are not that many vegan options, and almost no GF vegan options at all (except maybe the olives and salad). There were a few more vegetarian options, but still not that many. It's a nice fast casual type of place. The food was decent and it did the trick, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go back. The desserts were the best part of the meal.

Everything delicious - Edit

I hosted a vegan meetup here with Vegan Events Scotland and absolutely loved all of the food. I'm uploading my photos and wish I was there right now eating it all again. The service was great and the pizzas are massive; I asked around the group if I could split one with someone to allow room for a side and a dessert. :) Food strategies are important.

When I went to book the staff member informed me not to have the usual pro-offered water as the lemons they use are not vegan - something to do with their coating, beeswax maybe. I was very impressed that they were taking notice of that kind of thing (even if they don't have plant milk for the lattes!).

They have a separate vegan menu so make sure to ask for that if you don't get it on arrival.

Pros: Good sized pizza, Vegan cheese , Very tasty desserts

Cons: No plant milk for lattes / iced lattes

Return to Glasgow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ask Italian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.