ASK Italian

+44-1913832567

Unit 4, Walkergate, Durham, England, DH1 1SQ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Italian restaurant chain with separate vegan menu listing appetizers, salad, pasta, pizza with vegan mozzarella, and sorbet for dessert. Has vegan suitable wines but not labelled. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by hack_man

great vegan options - Edit

It's been a long time since I've been to Ask. Their vegan menu gave me the excuse to try it again and I was not disappointed. It's modern and slick inside, there have been major refurbishments since I last visited. There are some nice creative vegan options, the pizza and pomodoro pasta that we shared were really good. The vegan menu includes some vegan wines which is always a plus and the meal was good value.

Pros: vegan menu, vegan wines, smart interior

Cons: serves meat

Ask me, Ask me, Ask me - Edit

If there's something you'd like to try I would suggest a pizza with the house vegan mozzarella. All the well known high street and retail outlet chains are quickly joining the vegan revolution. This branch of Ask is very nicely located in the Gala area of the city where all the Durham nightlife congregates so if you go at the weekend it's perhaps wiser to go a little earlier or on a Sunday night when it's more relaxed. £9.95 isn't too bad at all for a good sized pizza with 3 toppings of choice, mine being marinated artichokes, sautéed mushrooms and grilled aubergines. The spaghetti al pomodoro is excellent. I had a feeling it would be. Having not been to an ASK for around 5 years or so, initially I wasn't too stuck on the new pastel green decor but if you happen to remember the previous branding, this is most certainly a much fresher inception.

Pros: vegan choices, vegan cheese, excellent food

Cons: meat is also served

Return to Durham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has ASK Italian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.