Asian Wok Cafe

Contact 703-837-8811

828 N Washington St, Alexandria, Virginia, USA, 22314

Serves meat, vegan options available. Serves Chinese cuisine. Offers a large vegan menu. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Non-veg

First Review by desjaaa0

May be OK for take-out, but........ - Edit

Before I begin, let me say that I have not eaten at this restaurant. My wife & I arrived on 1/29/15, walked in, and promptly walked out. After reading several good reviews, we decided to try Asian Wok while traveling through the area, which turned out to be a major mistake. First of all, unless you just happen to be in the immediate area, it's located on a very busy main street and takes halfway to forever to get to from any major roadway.

If you were to look up "Hole-in-the-wall", in a dictionary, I'm sure there would be a photo of Asian Wok. Small? This is a shabby-looking take-out joint with 2 or 3 small two-person tables lined up against one windowless wall. I have no reason to doubt the quality of the food is OK, but the place is a DUMP, and a really, really small one at that.

Sure, finding good vegan eats can sometimes be challenging, but unless the only thing that matters to you is the food, I recommend that you look elsewhere for something to eat the next time you're in Alexandria.

Cons: Take-out joint with several small tables, Very shabby; no atmosphere at all, Difficult to get to because of traffic

unexpected pleasure - Edit

Based on the Happy Cow suggestion, my husband and I stopped in for a quick lunch. The vegan menu is huge. We were able to sit outside and have our selections brought to us. I ordered vegan General Tso's and my husband ordered vegan Mongolian chicken and veggies. Both were very good. The outside of this building is so tiny and nondescript that we never would have even seen it if we weren't looking for it. There is plenty of parking.

Pros: great vegan food, tons of vegan options, good parking

Cons: bad smell of seafood , easy to miss

Tasty Orange "Chicken" - Edit

I got carryout from here last night and honestly, when I got it home, I had to do a double take because it totally looked like meat. But it was delicious fake meat. The owner threw in a free soda when I said I found her restaurant on the happy cow app. Very large portion. The vegan orange chicken was enough for two meals. Will absolutely be back!

Pros: Awesome Food, Many Vegan Options, Nice Owner

Cons: Not A Lot Of Atmosphere

a new fav spot for quick take out - Edit

Try the veg pepper steak. Really really good. Had it last night and am still thinking about it.
Not much room for dine-in but there is a cute courtyard outside for nice days.

Pros: fast, delicious, ideal for take out

Cons: not much room for dine in

Return to Alexandria Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Asian Wok Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.