Asian Restaurant CHOWK

Contact 06-64530020

Fukushimaku, Fukushima, 2-4-17, Osaka, Japan, 553-0003

Serves meat, vegan options available. Very cozy atmosphere decorated with Thai and Indian images. The South Indian meal is vegetarian. The owner learned to cook the meals during his travels to those countries with his wife. Lunch is usually vegan; call ahead to reserve a vegan evening meal. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-3:00pm, Tue-Sat 6:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indian, Thai, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Vegeiko

Friendly and knowledgeable - Edit

It's a nice little cafe in a quiet area. The staff were very friendly and made me a lovely vegan meal. It was refreshing to get a vegan meal without all the fuss and hassle. It was very reasonably priced and delicious. I would go there again.
Sadly, because this place is veg friendly and not set to vegan or vegetarian on happy cow I can't give 5 stars. I wish I could though because I think it would be impossible to expect a cafe to be 100% vegetarian in this cultural context and location (in meat obsessed Japan and a quiet residential area)

Pros: Tasty, Cheap, Knowledgeable

Gastronomic meal - Edit

We had a very rich meal at this very cozy place. They ask if you are vegetarian upon entering. You get several courses and pay around 2500 yen and its worth it. The staff was super friendly. I will definetly return if I have a chance.

Pros: Delicious, Varied, Cosy

Cons: Not sure but I think same pots are used for meat a

Super delicious - Edit

We were shown the vegetarian menu without asking for it. The owners were very friendly and explained every single part of our meal to us. Lunch was 850 Yen for a wonderful Indian dish, which was cooked by the Japanese owner. Small and cozy. Go there and try the fantastic chai!

Feel like a short trip to India, Thai or Malaysia! - Edit

Vegetarian Indian meal is so good even the real indians would say "WOW!" I think. They will put in banana-leaf kind of plate and you will instantly feel like you just came to some southern asian country!

The restaurant is located in a very narrow street, although 5 min. by walk from the station. the easiest way is get off at JR Tozai line "Shin-Fukushima" exit 2, turn around and walk STRAIGHT the narrow street for about 200m. until you find a signboard says "CHOWK"

Return to Osaka Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Asian Restaurant CHOWK closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1921 times since Jul 2013.